Chapter 17

September 12th, 2017

"Thank you for coming... I was panicking really badly because everything piled on me all over a sudden. Your presence has always been calming."

I smile as I rest my head against Angel's chest, Angel sitting up against his pillows with his arms wrapped around me and for a while, I felt all nervous and hot.

But now i'm calm, still wondering why he's so clingy, but I don't question it out loud. Angel's almost all the way back to normal, his fever broke a couple of hours ago, the clock reading now two in morning.

"I'll always come if you ask me too," I whisper, blinking tiredly as the lights across the room relax me even more.

Angel chuckles behind me, chest moving under my back and I shiver. "It's funny, how i've only known you for a month and we seem like best friends."

I shrug, smiling. "I don't care, I like it that we're best friends."

I turn my head to look up at him. "And best friends fight all the time. This is only the first of many bumps."

Angel's silent at that, staring at me strangely and my heart jumps in my chest when the same emotion I felt coming from him the first time I laid eyes on him, come back again.

My face flames and I turn my eyes away immediately, swallowing.

I have to change the subject.

"U-Uh ha, Angel, you're staying home today right?" I ask, and Angel snaps out of it, thank God.

"Only if you'll stay with me."

I swallow, before nodding slowly. "Of course I will."

I hear Angel yawn behind me and I chuckle. "I think you should really get to sleep..." I sit up, only to be yanked back down and I grunt. "Angel, let me go. If i'm too stay here I need to sleep too, i'll take the couch in the game room."

"No, stay here."

I scoff, shaking my head. "You're still delirious, you don't know what you're saying."

I try to get up again, but Angel holds on tight.

"The bed is big enough for at least three to four people. Stay."

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable. I'm a very active sleeper, I-"

"Stay."

"No."

"... Charlie."

I scoff again, shaking my head and grab onto his wrists, only for him to start tickling down my sides and I yelp, jerking around in his arms.

"Angel stop!" I yell, and he chuckles above me.

"Will you stay?"

I try and take deep breaths, laughing hysterically as I shake my head. "I'll crush you in your sleep, I move to much!" I yell, and he laughs above me.

"I'll survive. I have to be a gentleman, I can't just let you sleep on the couch."

I'm not able to answer and Angel sighs. "You're pretty sensitive, I wonder..." He squeezes my thigh, making me jump and almost scream and I turn over on my stomach to get away from it.

"I'll stay, i'll stay!" I shout into his chest, and he chuckles, stopping and I sigh loudly, coughing and pushing myself off him, now exhausted.

I groan, my entire body heating up with that surprise attack and I sweat in my clothes.

"I feel gross now..." I say into the covers as my body twitches with the after shocks and Angel laughs.

"You can borrow some of my clothes. The third drawer down is the pajamas."