Chapter 27

I blink, watching as Angel blinks back and I slowly sit up, the other following. I jerk my head towards the stairs and we both slowly and silently begin our trek through the sleeping bodies.

We're as silent as possible as we both walk up the stairs. We enter my room, where I check to see if anyone's awake before shutting the door and turning a desk lamp on.

"Okay. If we talk quietly, we won't get interrupted," I whisper, turning to where Angel sits down comfortably on the window sill seat, crossing his legs.

"What do you want to talk about?"

I walk over to sit down next to him, glancing at him with a droll look. "You obviously know I didn't really have a fever."

"Of course, it was obvious. But I was slightly convinced. How could you look that red and not have a fever? What's going on?"

I sigh, leaning against the window and hesitating, trying to figure out how to say this without giving away too much information.

"I wasn't sick. Not necessarily. I was asleep."

Angel blinks. "Asleep?"

"Yep."

"For three weeks?"

"Yes."

"So... how were you awake when I came to see you?"

I hesitate again, swallowing before spouting a lie. "Well I wasn't asleep for the entirety of the three weeks. The day you came over happened to be a day I was awake."

Angel stares at me, obviously not believing a word that comes out of my mouth, and honestly? I completely understand. My story is filled with holes, and doesn't make much sense.

Seeing his look, I give another sigh and completely turn around to look at him. "I apologize."

Angel furrows his eyebrows, obviously frustrated. "Huh? For what?"

"For lying."

He goes quiet, eyes softening and I take that as my cue to keep going. "I don't want you to be overwhelmed. I do trust you, I really wholeheartedly trust you, Angel. But with what happened a few weeks ago, I didn't want to tell you more than you could handle. That's why i'm choosing to stay silent right now, to give you time to relax."

The blonde stares at me before turning his gaze to the floor and I scoot closer. "We have a lot on our plate right now. With school starting again for me tomorrow, and all that's going to happen when I go back. In time, I will tell you everything I can. But not right now."

"Can you at least tell me if it's bad?"

I smile, tensely of course. At the moment, I didn't know whether it was "bad" or not. At this rate, my father may take me out of school to take me back to the cabin. I honestly don't know how much longer I have left with my friends.

"At the moment? It's not. I'm just scared you'll be frightened of me or think of me as some type of alien."

Angel frowns, shaking his head. "I don't think of you as an alien with the truths I have now."

I shrug, crossing my arms. "I have more than just visions. You already knew that though. I just can't tell you yet. And I apologize that I forced you to try and come up with scenarios to make yourself feel better. That's a crappy thing to go through. Especially with your mind."

"Are you going to be in danger if you tell me?"

At this, I purse my lips. I already know the cheerleaders and those who are desperate to figure me out will do whatever it takes. I know most people know of my relationship with Angel, and will most likely try to go to him for answers. If they haven't already. Teenagers are gossipers, always trying to get new information on somebody to either watch out for them, or try to ruin their lives. They spread rumors and horrible things to others in hopes of bringing those people down.