Epilogue

Life was great.

Perfect even.

But every good thing comes to end and so did my life. I was very close to death, I could feel it, I could sense it. I was getting weaker and weaker, but I was not afraid because whatever I lived was the most perfect life anyone could have ever lived. I got to spend my life with the love of my life and my two adorable babies, Shane and Fiona.

Shane born just a year after our marriage and three years after his birth, I gave birth to Fiona. Both of them looked like us, but better versions. Fiona was nothing like me nature wise, she turned out like her father, hot headed and stubborn, whereas Shane on the other side was a huge softy like me.

Grace was a successful business woman, you could find her picture in every magazine and book about business and fashion because she wore class, dignity and fashion along with running a huge empire. Grace got married to Joshua at twenty seven and had three babies— Flora, Finn and Callan. As much as she didn't want twins, she ended up having twins and a boy two years after the twins.

At first, Joshua worked at some company for three years and later on ended up working with Grace after Grace literally blackmailed him about breaking up because he would always decline working at her company. He didn't want to look like a gold digger, but
after their marriage, they both were the owners of their  own empire.

Steve was finally able to gather enough courage of asking her childhood crush, had two girls and ended up naming their first girl, Rose. He kept his promise and you bet I got emotional.

Everything was sailing smoothly, no one moved the towns, but then the inevitable happened— I got cancer at the age of Fifty Seven. We all cried that day, it was the worst day for all of us, but then I was happy that life gave me so many years to live. The cancer was bound to hit back at one day or the other, we were all prepared and I was happy because I had lived my life to it's fullest and I didn't have a single regret.

Absolutely none.

It had been three years since the news, but I just had this gut feeling that it was all going to end soon.

"Baby, are you alright?" Caden asked, rubbing his thumb on the side of my forehead.

"Yes, I think I have had a little too much fun tonight for my age." We chuckled, but I could see his eyes glistening with tears.

"Mom, I will have to leave in three days. Ajax has some work that he need to do by the end of this week." Fiona, my thirty four year old daughter spoke in a low tone.

Wasn't it crazy? I got married, had children, they got married as well and now both of them had beautiful babies. Shane had two boys and one girl whereas Fiona had two girls. I was already a grandmother and it was such a surreal feeling. We all live together, except for Fiona of course, she lives with her husband, Ajax at a twenty minute drive. Shane on the other side still lives with us along with his family and I remember being so happy when he told me that he wasn't moving or going anywhere after turning eighteen.

At first I thought he was just blabbering, he was still a teen, no kid lives with their parents after growing up, but he sticked to his words and made me the happiest mother on earth.

"I am going to miss you so much, baby." I tried to sit, but pain shot through my spine and I winced.

Being old sucked.

"Don't move, love. You are supposed to rest. Watching movies, going out to eat, having picnic in general must have tired you out." Caden coaxed and kissed my cheek in a softest touch possible.

So many years and our love was still fresh as ever. It's no lie that a marriage with the right person is the most beautiful thing you can ever imagine.