5

“Wow, it is fucking packed.”

I nodded my head at Grace’s remark. The restaurant was surely packed. Purple Star was one of the most famous restaurant in the town as it served almost every cuisine and the food here was delicious.

I had already told her not to come here on weekends as we both knew it was going to be full, but apparantly she had a way to get us both in. We got out of the car and started walked towards the entrance.

Friday was the most diversified day of the week. It always started with anticipation, continued with anger and frustration and ended with a smile. On Fridays, we always went to the hospital first thing after the uni, then ate at a diner and lastly, had a sleepover at my place.

Ofcourse, I was lying about not going out on Fridays.

I never met Kyle after that, maybe he was ignoring me or he was not attending lectures, but I’d like to think it’s the first option. I really felt bad for him, I still think Grace went a little over the board with him, but it was Grace. She was wonderful in her own unique ways and I couldn’t have asked for anyone better than her.

She was the best.

We were almost close to the entrance, when someone bumped into me, making me bump into Grace as she stumbled slightly, before yelling profanities at the culprit. Her temper was always a little too high on Fridays and I think the reason was pretty clear.

Things hospital do to people.

“Are you fucking blind, asshole?!”

“I am sor- Wait, am I dreaming? Is it Grace Quinn and Rosaline Willow?” He asked, with a wide grin on his face which I returned almost instantly and hugged him tightly.

“Joshua! You are back.” He hugged me back and lifted me up slightly, as he turned me around and a laugh escaped my lips.

“The one and only.”

“There goes my happy days.” Grace spoke from behind, as we pulled away.

“Ah, spicy as always.” Joshua remarked, giving her a side hug- That was a different thing, she didn’t return it.

“What are you doing here anyways? When did you come back from your grans?” I asked, stepping aside, not wanting to bother people by standing near the entrance.

“Just now.”

“And the first thing you are doing is having a meal at Purple Star?” I asked, chuckling slightly, to which he frowned.

“I so badly wanted to have the lamb chops from here, but there are no tables available.” He replied, glumly and that was when I noticed a person standing besides him in black shirt and denims.

His face was not new to me as I had seen him before many times in the university, just never conversed with him before and I was really looking forward on knowing him. He was always with Joshua, that was a different thing he tried to busy himself as soon as I was in the picture, but maybe he was just shy.

“We can help you with that.” Grace spoke and his eyes lightened with excitement.

“You can do that?!” He asked, excitedly and she nodded her head and I gave her a curious stare.

“How exactly are we suppose to do that, Gracie?” I asked and she put her hands on my shoulders.

“Not we, you.” She replied, making my eyes go wide.

Me?!” I asked, taking a step back.

“What's going on in your mind, Grace?” Joshua asked, to which she replied, “Stop with the fucking questions and let's just go inside.”

Joshua and I shared a look as we shook our heads, completely oblivious as to what was going to happen. We started walking inside and stopped near the reservation table, where a man was standing in black suit with the batch, manager written on it.

Grace pushed me forward and whispered in my ear, “Talk sweet.” I turned my head at that and shook my head in denial.

That was her genius plan?!

“No!” I whisper-yelled and she glared at me.

“Look, you have already ruined my mood by not agreeing with her, the least you can do is get us a fucking table.”

“That’s called blackmail!”

“I don't fucking care. Now, go.” She said, pushing me yet again making me bump into the manager, as I gave him an apologetic smile.

“Can we please have a table for four?”

“We are sorry to inform, but all the tables are full.” He said, apologetically and I was about to walk away with an It's Okay’, but someone pinched me from behind and I mustered the best puppy dog face I could muster and tried again with a lovely smile.

“Can't you make any arrangements?” I could feel him melting slightly and that was my cue to plead further, “Please?” I pressed with a smile and he smiled back.

Yes!

“Actually, we have a booth reserved, but they have not come yet. I think, I can arrange you guys there.” He spoke and I grinned widely at him.

“Thank you so much, sir!” I exclaimed and he showed us to our booth.

Once, we were all sat with Grace besides me and Joshua and him across me and Grace, Joshua spoke, bewildered, “How did that even happen?”

“Her smile always fucking works.” Grace replied, as we heard a scoff. I looked towards the sound and surely he was scoffing. I looked confusedly at him, but shook the thought away.

“By the way, he is Caden. He goes to our uni.” He introduced him to us, but he remained quiet, nodding his head towards Grace, but I smiled at him, nevertheless.

Almost an hour later, we were all done with our food. Joshua insisted on paying the bill, as we got him his favourite lamb chops and he wanted to show his gratitude. Strangely, he didn’t speak a word during the entire time, but I did not put much thought to it.

“Thank you so much, Rosaline!” He said and hugged me tightly, which I returned with a laugh.

“Stop it, it’s not like we did not get to eat for free.”

“Still, you are the best.” He spoke and soon, we bid our goodbyes.

Maybe, Fridays were not that bad.

••••••••

Enjoying the plot line?