37

When I mentioned that it had been five months since my therapy, what I forgot to mention was that it was Corona season. It was the mid of April and the chaos was spread all around the world. People have been fighting for the unimaginable things like a toilet paper and social distancing was a thing.

I never knew that I’d live to see this day, really.

Luckily for me, Grace was here with me in this pandemic, but unluckily for me, Joshua could not meet us as he lived at a twenty to twenty five minutes drive and everyone was quarantined. All we could do in this period of quarantine was Skype and facetime, that was our only resort, but someone was against this whole social distancing thing.

And that someone was none other than Caden Matthew.

We had been a little too accustomed to each other and we were finding it really hard to stay away. From being fifteen hours together everyday to not meeting each other for two weeks took a big troll on us, especially him.

Because obviously, young love.

Our relationship had not even started properly and we were already asked to stay away. We were yet to go on dates and amusement parks and he was yet to piggy ride me to the icecream parlour around the corner. We were yet to practice all the mushy stuff that makes us cringe-y in front of others, but cute in each other’s eyes.

But we were stuck staying away from each other.

For God knew how long.

“Rosa, we are out of toilet papers.” Grace walked into my room and started rubbing her forehead in stress.

“So?” She looked up at me as if I had been oblivious to the current pandemic that has been going around in the world.

“It’s not February anymore, Rosa.”

“I am aware.” I replied.

“It’s Corona time.” She sang, as I laughed at her mimicking the Tik Tok sound, gosh people were going crazy over there.

“What about the huge stack we bought during the end of March?” I asked, looking back to the television screen where some animated movie was going on.

“Oh, that.” She started scratching the back of her head nervously, making me wonder where exactly could such a huge stack go.

“What did you do Gracie?” I asked, finally pausing the movie and turning my body towards her, looking skeptically at her.

“I kind of gave it all away to Joshua.” She mumbled sheepishly and my jaw dropped on the floor, not literally.

“I understand that he is our best friend and all, but every single roll? Why? You could have atleast left us some to last us this month.” I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for her to explain.

I was not mad, ofcourse, I was not. Toilet papers was not a huge deal as no matter what demand, I was sure they would always be in stock and if not, there was always water. Also, Joshua was someone who was really close to us and there was no doubt that we would help him whenever he needed us, but I just needed to know why she gave him all the toilet papers when Walmart was definitely closer to his house.

“You know how easily he gets scared,” She replied and I nodded my head at her to continue,

“so, when we were talking over the phone a few days back, he was really worried that he would catch Corona if he stepped out, but he had to because they were out of toilet papers, so I told him not to worry and then called a few people from my place and had them delivered every roll at his house.” I stayed quiet because this was new. I mean, yes, Grace cared about Joshua, but this was next level care.