7

Their dark orbs stared angrily straight into my warm brown ones and I blinked my eyes rapidly in order to hide my unshed tears. My eyes were already starting to get wet and all I could see was the blurry face of the man who had one of his hand on my mouth and the other on my waist, holding me close.

My breathing was growing heavy with each passing second and I felt like I would faint if he will not take his hand off me in the next ten seconds. I thought I had a pretty good idea about how I was going to die, but guess I was wrong. My death came earlier than expected and I did not even get to bid Grace goodbye.

“Are you fucking stupid?!” His voice was rude and rough as he whisper-yelled at me, pushing me more towards the wall, as I yelped slightly under his hand.

Tears were starting to pool in my eyes and before I knew, they started rolling down my cheeks as I sobbed silently. Lump formed in my throat as I tried really hard to control the pattern of my breathing. Suddenly, something flashed in his eyes and he removed his hand from my mouth, giving me access to breathe deeply.

I took few deep breaths and once I could feel my lungs working properly, I rubbed away the tears from my eyes with the back of my hand and looked at the person standing before me and the sight before me, made my eyes grew as wide as saucer.

C-Caden?”

“What the fuck do you think you were doing back there?” He asked angrily, completely ignoring the fact that he still had his hand around my waist and he had me pushed against the wall and my back was aching.

“What?” I questioned, completely oblivious to what he was remarking to.

“Are you always this fucking dumb or is today an exception?” He asked, letting out a non-humorous, sadistic laugh making my heart ache.

I stood silent, not speaking anything and just stared at the ground. From the first time I laid my eyes on him in University, I knew that he had trouble even looking at my face without frowning, but I ignored it thinking that I was just looking at things a little too seriously, but guess not, I was right. For some unknown reason, he did not like me.

And that disturbed me.

“Do you even know who that man was?” He asked and I shook my head ‘no’, still not looking up at him and staring at my hands which were resting on his stone hard chest.

“Then what gives you a fucking idea to be anywhere near him?”

“He was coughing.” I replied and finally looked at him. His dark orbs were glistening with anger and there was an untold emotion in there which I couldn’t quite decipher.

But by the way he was looking at me, one thing was clear and that was he did not like me at all because if he did, he would have left his tight grip on my waist a long time ago and wouldn’t have me badly pressed against the wall. His grip was surely going to leave marks on my waist.

“Are you fucking serious right now?! You don’t go around near random man especially at this time of the hour in an area like this just because they are fucking coughing.”

“I was not planning on staying more. All I wanted to do was give him water and walk away.”

“By that time, you would be dead.” I furrowed my eyebrows at him and gave him a questioning look. How was giving someone water would have me dead? That was not making sense at all.

“Only if you would have taken out some liberty to watch the news, you would have known that the man you were going to give water was a wanted murderer, but no, little Miss Sunshine here has nothing better to do than pass that fucking annoying smile of hers to the world.”

“Thank you.” I said, giving him a small smile, completely ignoring how he just insulted me. He stood there dumbfounded, looking at me with those burning eyes. He blinked several times before letting go of his hold from my waist and pushing me away making a dirty face.

“You think you have got everyone tied around your little finger with that fucking smile of yours? Then you are absolutely wrong because I can clearly see right through your manipulative act. Your smile doesn’t affect me. I know what kind of a girl you are.”

“And what kind of a girl am I?” I asked, a small smile never leaving my face. Despite of whatever he thinks of me, he still saved me and I was really thankful to him for that. I can not have everyone like me, but when I know someone doesn’t like me, I can definitely try to change that.

“A fucking disgusted one.” He replied, bitterly and stepped back, giving me enough space to walk away.

“Thank you for saving me. I shall take my leave now. It was nice meeting you.” With that said, I passed him a wide smile, turned my back to him and walked away not waiting for his reaction which I was sure was going to be a bitter one.

We all are going to die one day, some earlier than others and with a certain image plastered on everyone’s mind and I’d rather be that image a good and smiling one, rather than rude and glaring. As my mom always used to say, “Smile, it makes other smile too.”

And I was adamant on following that rule till my last breath, which was not going to be a tough task considering how limited I have those.

•••••••

Am I late? Yes.

Am I sorry for it? Yes.

But am I going to update late somewhere in future? Again, yes.

I am sorry guys, but I have a life to attend to because if I will not spend enough time with my family and friends, they all will roast my ass.

Please, forgive me?