38

Haven't proofread it.

~

It was September the twelfth and well, I had still not stepped a foot outside because even though everything was starting to get normal, Corona was still out there, haunting people and taking their lives. Also, as I was still recovering from chemotherapies, the chances that I would catch a contagious disease were high, so it was better if I remain aloof from the world for the time being.

Joshua after three months, finally decided to step out and face the world and well, us. Grace was the happiest to say the least and after much pondering and teasing, she finally mumbled a— 'Yes, I feel strong towards him.' and I think it was the sweetest thing ever.

Now they were just the best Tom and Jerry couple one could ever find.

Yes, they were finally couple!

As on fourth June'20.

"Babe? Can you please come here for a moment?" Caden yelled from downstairs and I yelled back a 'Wait!'

"What is— What the hell?! Caden, what did you do?" I looked around the kitchen and my eyes widened in horror looking at the tomato stained walls. The once cream walls were now horrifyingly, disgusted red, even the ceilings!

"What in the world. . ." I looked at the huge splotch of red on the right and I immediately took few steps back, not wanting to be anywhere around this mess.

"A mishap kind of happened." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and gave me a sheepish smile.

"As I can see." I looked at him with amusement.

"I was making tomato paste and I forgot to put the lid on which resulted in—" He looked at the walls in the kitchen and continued, "this."

"Very mature of you." I rolled my eyes in amusement and shook my head. It was going to be a tough job cleaning all of this, especially the ceilings.

"Here, pass me the cloth." I asked him for the black cleaning cloth which was in the lower shelf behind him. Once he handed me the cloth, I wet it and started cleaning the walls one by one, Caden helped me, ofcourse. He decided to clean the shelves and other kitchen furnitures while I continued cleaning the walls and goodness, was it a tough job!

It had been over and hour and I was yet to clean one more wall and the ceiling while Caden was still busy cleaning the same furniture seeing as to how he dirtied more than he cleaned, like knocking off the blender which still had some roughly beaten tomatoes in it or accidentally dropping the jug of water and splattering water and pieces of glass all over.

As much as he told me not to worry as he had it all handled, I worried more because I could not leave him here alone, God knows he would mess it up more and the fact that he did not want me to clean anything anymore as it would make me tired and uneasy warmed my heart.

"Babe, how about you sit back and relax, while I take care of everything? How does this sound?" I placed my hand on my hip in a motherly manner and asked him with raised eyebrows.

"Terrible." He answered and continued rubbing the same floor that he had been cleaning past half an hour.

"Caden, baby, it's not exactly your forté. Please, just, leave everything to me." I walked towards him and kneeled down, taking the cloth from his hand and smiling at him assuringly.

"And have you clean everything by yourself, no." He snatched the cloth back and started scrubbing the floor angrily.

"Okay, pause and come here." I extended my arms, asking for a hug which he complied with no further thought and sighed, pulling me closer.