❄︎

Maya wrapped up her work and was ready to back home

Maya wrapped up her work and was ready to back home. Today was a long day. She was working overtime today. She pressed the elevator button and waited patiently for the doors to open.

It has been two weeks since her conversation with Agastya on the terrace. Things were good between them. They were slowly going back to their old selves. She was happy and so was he. It has been few days since she last saw him. He was extremely busy with his work and hardly had time to call her but he always messaged her.

As soon as she stepped out of her office building a smiling face greeted her.

"Hi" he said waving his hands.

"What are you doing here?" she asked as she stood in front of him.

"I want to take you somewhere" Agastya said looking straight in her eyes.

"Right now?" she asked looking at the time on her phone. It was soon going to be eleven.

"Yes! Did you eat anything?"

"I ordered take away" she replied. "How did you know that I was still in the office?"

"I was in the elevator when I met Sangita aunty. She told me and also asked me to bring you back home."

"Oh yeah! I forgot. Maa toh maasi ke ghar gai hai."

"Let's go" he opened the car door for her and gestured her to sit. She smiled at him and sat in the car.

Agastya gave life to the car engine and started driving.

"Where are we going?" Maya asked as she dialled her mother's number.

"Beach" he replied and continued looking at the road.

Maya spoke to Mrs. Sangita and enquired about her maasi's health. Agastya parked the car and they both made their way towards the water.

Cool breeze softly kissed their face. Surprisingly there was no one on the beach. Both of them walked quitely beside eachother.

"Let's sit" Maya sat down and pulled Agastya as well. They continued staring at the water but no one spoke a word.

"Do you miss them?" Maya broke the silence.

"Who?"

"Your parents?"

"I do" Agastya said and his eyes became moist. She remembered him talking about his parents few days back as it was his mother's death anniversary that day.

"They will always stay alive in your heart, Agastya" she said softly and he smiled. She wrapped her arms around his left arm and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You know papa used to sing a song for maa whenever she used to get angry."

"Which song?"