Yᴏᴜ Aɴᴅ Mᴇ

Anya entered the room without bothering to knock

Anya entered the room without bothering to knock. Her blood boiled looking at the sleeping figure. She has been waiting in the park from past 30 minutes and this here her best friend was sleeping peacefully. She took a deep breath to control her anger but it didn't work. She looked around to find a wooden scale on the study table. She picked up the scale and smacked her best friends butt with it.

"Who the fuck is it?" Reza woke up shouting. He threw the blanket aside and sat up. He was about to shout again but on seeing Anya standing there with a deadly expression his voice died.

"What are you doing here?" he asked rolling his eyes.

"What am I doing here? Really? I was waiting for you in the park from past 30 minutes and you Mr. Lazy Ass is sleeping here. What the fuck, Reza?" Anya yelled.

"Who asked you to wait for me? You should have gone home and slept as well" he picked up his blanket and was about to sleep again when Anya pulled his hair and made him sit straight.

"Kya bola tu? Tu ne mujhe zabardasti yoga class join karai aur ab bol raha hai ki ghar ja kar soo jati. Ab bata kyu nahi aaya aur kal raat mera phone bhi nahi receive kiya tu ne aur message ka reply bhi nahi kiya. Kyu?"

"Tabiyat nahi thik thi" Reza said massaging his temples.

"Is it your headache again? Reza, why don't you consult a doctor" Anya said worriedly.

"I am fine Anya. Just work pressure you know" he shrugged. "Do you want to go to watch the new movie?" he asked.

"Today is Sunday so I am free. We can go" Anya said.

"Okay! Book the tickets then. Call Vivaan as well" he got up from the bed to get ready for the day.

"Vivaan is in Udaipur. He had gone to attend his cousin's marriage" Anya made herself comfortable on his bed.

"No problem we can spend some time together then" saying this he entered the bathroom.

Anya and Reza were best friends since they were born. There father's were best friends and now they were following their footsteps. Interesting thing they both were born on the same day, in the same hospital. Reza was a minute older to Anya. Since then these two were hard to break apart. They went to the same school and even decided to go to the same college but one of them couldn't get the admission. Even after studying in different colleges and having different group of friends their friendship remained the same.

Just like other people they too had fights, arguments, disagreements but at the end of the day they always found their way back to eachother. Even after so many years what wasn't involved between them was romantic feelings. They never fell in love with eachother because they never saw eachother as more than a best friend. Also, they even helped eachother to impress their crush. Just like how Reza helped Anya confess her feelings to her crush, Vivaan. And now they were dating for more than a year.

"Reza, I am taking your laptop" she yelled "and also your card" she added.

"Okay!" Reza replied from the bathroom.

Anya picked up his laptop bag and took out his laptop. In the process some papers fell out of his bag.

"Shit!" she cursed. She picked up the file and was keeping it back in his bag but something caught her attention. Instead of keeping the file back she started reading it. Tears formed in her eyes as she read it.

"Anya?" came Reza's voice from behind. "What are you doing?" he added seeing her stiff position. Words refused to come out of Anya's mouth.

"Anya?" he called out again but she didn't respond. "What's wrong--" his words died down once he saw the file in her hand. "Look I can explain" he said.

"What will you explain, Reza?" Anya yelled as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I thought we never hid anything from one another and you were lying to me the whole time. How could you? How could you not tell this to me?" she pushed him away from her.

"Will you at least listen to me?" Reza tried to cup her cheeks but she kept pushing him away.

"How long have you been hiding this from me?" she asked.

"For a month now" Reza said with his head hung low.

"Were you even going to tell me?" she asked as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Maybe no" Reza said being honest.

"God!" she threw the file on the bed. "I can't believe that you have stage 2 brain tumor and you weren't even planning to tell me" she yelled.

"I am sorry" he hugged her.

"I hate you" she mumbled against his chest and hugged him back.

"But I love you" he said. This I love you wasn't anything romantic but one of the ways to tell the other person how much they mean to them.

"Please don't leave me alone" she sobbed.

"I won't" he said but deep down both of them knew it was a lie.

Hello beautiful people!

How are you guys doing?

Thoughts on the chapter please.

Also, my intentions are not to hurt anyone. Any incident related to the storyline is just a coincidence.

 Any incident related to the storyline is just a coincidence