☼︎

Tara grabbed her clothes and mad her way towards the bathroom

Tara grabbed her clothes and mad her way towards the bathroom. It was five in the morning and she was supposed to be at work by six. She immediately halted at the entrance. She was welcomed by the sight of some half naked men getting ready for the day, some shaving their beard, some laughing and some watching her with confused gaze.

She looked at the shower stalls which was only covered with curtains. She can't bath here, in a bathroom full of men and with hardly any privacy. She gave them a nervous smile once she realised everyone's eyes was on her. She sprang out of there only to bump into someone.

"Doctor?" Major Vikrant said.

"Good morning, Major" she said looking at the well dressed man.

"Good morning. I see you still aren't ready for the day" he said looking at her pyjamas.

"Actually the bathroom is busy. I can always shower later. I will be in the infirmary. See you around, Major" and without waiting for his response she went to her room.

There was a sperate room for the doctor then why not bathroom? She stuffed her clothes back into her suitcase and sat on the bed. She will have to get up early from tomorrow. But how much early? She woke up at four thirty and when she went to brush her teeth there were already some people in the bathroom.

She huffed and got up. She needs to do her job, no matter what. She can take a shower at night when everyone is asleep or really early in the morning. She wore her white coat and made her way towards the infirmary.

"Good morning everyone" she wished all the patients. Some smiled at her and some wished her back. She checked everyone and when she was done she sat on her table making reports.

"I see someone is not yet showed but still working" came a deep husky voice. Tara rolled her eyes and saw Abhinav coming towards her.

"Where were you? I need to run some regular check ups on you" she said looking at him.

"I was talking to Major. Anyway I am fine now. Now to my question. Why haven't you showered yet? There is a rule in this camp. No shower no work" he sat on the chair opposite to her.

"Well let me remind you Captain there isn't any ladies bathroom here. The bathroom is filled with men and the shower stalls only have curtains. I can't use the bathroom until midnight" she explained. Abhinav nodded and then suddenly stood up.

"I will be back" saying this he went out. Tara sat there confused. Abhinav came back fifteen minutes later with a smile plastered on his face.

"Tara" he called out as she was checking up a patient.

"Yes?" she asked hanging her stethoscope around her neck.

"Everyday till you are here you will be having the bathroom all to yourself for thirty minutes in the morning. Is that much time enough for you?" he asked

"More than enough" she beemed.

"Also the last shower stall is yours. No one will use that one. So you can keep your stuff there" he continues. "One more thing you will have the bathroom all to yourself for next ten minutes right now. So go get ready" he adds.

"Okay!" she rushed out of the infirmary but soon returned. Abhinav looked at her raising his eyebrows.

"Thank you, Captain" she said.

"Abhinav"

"Huh?"

"You can call me Abhinav or Abhi" he said with a smile.

"Can I ask for one more favour?" she asks hesitantly. He nods. "My bags will be coming today, so can you receive it if I am not around?"

"I will" he said with a smile.

"Thanks" she ran out of there as she didn't want to be anymore late and waste more time.

When she came back she saw a some crowd gathered near the infirmary. She rushed to check what's wrong.

"What is going on here?" she asked as she now stood in her uniform and her hair neatly tied in a low bun.

Listening her voice everyone stood straight and had a terrified expression on their faces. Tara saw her bag lying in one corner and looked at them in confusion. Were they trying to find something in her bag?

"I asked you all something. What's wrong?" she asked again. Her voice soft and calm.

"Doctor sahiba woh---" one of the started speaking but stopped mid way.

"Kya hua? Kisi ko chot lagi hai kya? Sab thik hai na?" she asked getting impatient now.

"Tara ji woh hum sab ne na aapki saari chocolates kha li. Sorry" one of the officers finally spoke. Her eyes landed on the now empty glass jar in his hand. Tara can survive without everything but not chocolates.

"Sorry Tara ji. Woh humari diet badi hi strict hai toh chocolate khane nahi milte hai. Aaj chocolate dikhi toh sab ke sab toot pare" the same officer said.

"Koi baat nahi" she smiled sadly.

"What's happening?" Abhinav's voice boomed in the corridor. All the officers stood straight and saluted him. Tara stood there observing everything.

"Captain woh doctor Tara chocolates laai thi aur woh hum sab ne kha li" one of them said.

Abhinav was someone who won't tolerate indiscipline at all and eating something which was not mentioned in your diet chart was a disrespect.

"Don't scold them. Eating chocolates sometimes is not bad. Everyone has a cheat day and they it's was their cheat day today" she said once she realised he was going to shout.

Abhinav's eyes immediately soften hearing her. He simply nodded.

"Mai round par jau ga toh le aau ga tumhare liye chocolate" Abhinav said with a smile.

"Vadda" she pulled out her hand.

"Vaada" he said placing his hand on the top of her.

"Tara ji ab captain ne vadda kiya hai toh aapko aapki chocolate mil hi jae gi. Captain aapna vadda kabhi nahi torte" one of the officers said.

At this point Tara knew she and Abhinav are going to share a lot more.

Hope you like the chapter.

Every vote on this story will be dedicated to our Indian force.