Aʀʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ

Kiaan unlocked the door of his apartment and dragged the heavy suitcase inside

"Come" he said softly as he didn't want to scare her.

Viyana nodded and stepped inside her new house. Kiaan closed the door softly behind him and switched on the lights. Viyana looked around and instantly fell in love with the beauty of the house. The interiors were simple yet classy.

"Come I will show you our room" Kiaan said with a smile. Viyana as usual didn't say anything and just nodded in response and followed her husband.

Once he showed her everything he left her alone in the room so that she can change. Viyana took out her clothes from her suitcase and entered the bathroom. She quickly striped out of the clothes she was wearing and entered the shower.

As the luke warm water ran down her body she replayed everything that had happened to her in a week. Tears formed in her eyes. She was just 21 and had graduated a month before. She wanted to study further but her parents got her married and that to within a week. She came from an orthodox family. Her parents provided her with everything she ever needed except for love and acceptance.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. What if Kiaan was just like her parents? Her mother had clearly instructed her to follow all his orders and no matter what she should always give in to his needs. She was lost in her thoughts when a knock on the door startled her.

"Viyana? Are you okay?" came Kiaan's voice from the other side of the door.

"I am fine. Please give me a minute" Viyana said. She quickly dried her body and wore her clothes. When she came out she found Kiaan sitting on the edge of the bed.

Hearing the door open Kiaan looked rose his head only to find his wife standing there playing with her fingers. In just a week he figured it out that it was one of her habits when she was nervous.

"Are you okay? You were in there for quite long" Kiaan asked taking calculative steps towards her.

"I am fine" she said softly. Kiaan sighed and took his clothes and entered the bathroom to take a shower.

Kiaan and Viyana got married a week before because their parents pressurised them. Kiaan flew from Mumbai to Jaipur just to visit his parents but in return brought back a wife with him. The whole wedding was organized just in three days. Both Kiaan and Viyana got no time to know eachother.

Even though they were husband and wife they still haven't shared the room. Just after they got married Kiaan's mother asked Viyana to sleep with her as some puja was to be conducted the next day. And after that Viyana went back to her parents house to gather her stuff. Kiaan was supposed to report in his office on Monday so he flew back to Mumbai on Saturday along with Viyana, his wife.

Now, Viyana stood infront of the refrigerator thinking what to do. One thing that Viyana didn't know was cooking. She was excellent with all the household chores except cooking. She loved to bake but not cook. But right now she had to prepare something to fill her and Kiaan's stomach.

"Is something wrong?" Kiaan said standing close to her. She turned around and bumped into his hard chest.

Kiaan's hands instantly went around her waist to prevent her from falling. Viyana skipped a heartbeat as Kiaan's touch sent shivers down her spine. She immediately stepped back.

"We should cook something" Kiaan said in order to reduce the awkwardness. He started taking out some vegetables from the fridge while Viyana just stood at her spot observing him.

"I-I" Viyana started but couldn't say any further when Kiaan's eyes connected to hers. Kiaan kept looking at her asking her to continue. "I don't know how to cook" Viyana said.

There was silence for few seconds and the Kiaan said "It's okay. I know how to cook. I can teach you if you want."

Viyana nodded with a smile. She took the vegetables from his hand and washed it. Kiaan kept looking at her and his lips curved into a smile. His wife was so innocent and beautiful. He knew that he would have to be extremely gentle with her and give her as much space as she needs.

That night Kiaan cooked for both of them and Viyana just stood in the kitchen to give him some company. They talked about few things here and there but nothing deep. After dinner Viyana offered to clean the kitchen and Kiaan agreed.

Once she was done with the dishes she made her way towards their bedroom. She quitely opened the door and saw Kiaan sitting on the bed and doing something on his phone. As soon as he saw his wife he smiled.

"Come" he patted at the empty space next to him. Viyana was nervous. She didn't knew what to expect. Remembering her mother's words she did as Kiaan asked her to do.

Once she was beside him he kept his phone on the side table and interwined his fingers with hers. Viyana gulped as she wasn't ready to take that step yet.

"Viyana, don't worry I won't do anything till you are comfortable. I know this relationship is forced on you but trust me I will try to give you everything you deserve. You can always count on me" he said looking straight in her eyes.

Viyana's heart fluttered at his words. Those words were so simple but meant so much to her.

"Can I ask you something?" she asked.

"Go ahead" Kiaan said.

"Can I study further?" she asked.

"Of course you can. You should fill the forms before the deadline" he said.

"Thank you" she said almost jumping with excitement.

Viyana internally thanked her parents. Maybe just maybe she did the right thing by marrying Kiaan.

New story updated.

Please vote and comment and share your views.