5. Wanna Sneak Out?

A/N.

Picture of Griffin to the side.

***

“You sure they’re gone?”

“Positive,” I confirmed as we snuck up my driveway. “Dustin texted me a little while ago when they left.” I could always trust Dustin, so I knew he wasn’t lying when he told me the Kasey’s had left.

...Unless my parents snatched his phone and-nah, they’d need his password. I don’t think I have anything to worry about...yet.

“What are you gonna do when you see your parents?” Griffin asked, sounding almost sympathetic to the troubles that awaited me beyond my front door. 

“Nothing,” I whisper back calmly. “With any luck, I won’t run into them.”

“You sure ‘bout that?” he snorted. “I mean out of the plenty of times that I’ve snuck out and then my parents realize I was gone when I was supposed to be studying, they’ve always been waiting right by the door for the second when I walk in.” 

“That’s why I’m not going through the door,” I say as I take a sudden left around the house leaving Griffin behind. 

“Wait, what?” I hear him say as he jogs a few steps to catch up with me. “What are you talking about?”

“I’m going through the window, dummy, where else?” I raise an eyebrow at him. “You mean to tell me, you, Andover High’s notable bad boy never snuck back in your room through the window?” It may have been getting darker outside, but I could still see Griffin’s cheeks get slightly rosey.

“Hey, my room’s like on the second floor,” he tried to defend himself.

“And?” I turn my head before I take a firm grasp on the fence by the side of my house and start to climb. I chuckled lightly as I heard him whisper ‘well alright then’ to himself.

I continued to climb until I was at my window. Thankfully I left it unlocked, as I usually do. Wrapping my fingers along the edge, I slowly lifted it open, careful to make as little noise as possible. Once it was open and I was safely inside, I turned around to find Griffin still standing there. There’s almost a look of admiration on his face, of his otherwise casual appearance.

“You all good?” he asked in a loud whisper. 

“Yeah,” I whispered back. “You should probably get going now, in case my parents notice you.”

“Yeah, I was just thinking about that,” he smirked as he rubbed the back of his neck. Hopefully my mother didn’t scare him, too bad...Unless it’d make him keep his distance from me, then hopefully she scared him just enough.

For some reason, I felt slightly disheartened at the thought of Griffin leaving me alone, but I didn’t think much of it.

“See ya later,” he said as he started to walk away. Any dismay I felt before suddenly vanished as my heart did a little flip at the thought of seeing him later. Stop that, I thought. It’s only annoying-Griffin anyways.

Just before he went out of my sight I called out. “Griffin?” Immediately he stopped and looked up at me, giving me an attractive angle of his face - not that I’d ever admit I thought he was attractive. “Thanks,” I smiled meekly. 

His lips tugged into a small smile as a breeze gently brushed up against his dark brown hair. “Anytime.” And then he went out of my view.

Closing my window, I turned around and plopped on my bed. I felt oddly happy; odd in that I had no idea why. All I knew was that as I continued to lay there, I couldn’t get Griffin off my mind.