9. We All Knew I Always Had the Balls

*Haley's POV*

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of my ringtone as the Great Escape by Boys Like Girls slowly brought me out of a daze. As my senses returned to me, I opened my eyes to find myself lying down on my living room couch with a blanket draped over me.

This wasn't here before, I knit my brows together as I sat up.

The last thing I remember was sitting on the couch watching Friends...with Griffin. An instant smile stretched across my face as my stomach fluttered at the thought of last night. I vaguely recalled falling asleep in his arms, some time after he asked me out. My mind whirled as my face flushed at it all.

Did that really happen?

Did Griffin actually...like me? And for a reason other than having to do with my parents?

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I realized my phone was still ringing. Looking at the caller ID I saw it was Aria.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hayls!" she chirped, her usual bubbly self cutting through the speaker. "Sooo how was last night?"

I didn't have to be talking in person with Aria to know she was wiggling her eyebrows with the sound of her voice. I instantly blushed as Griffin once again flashed through my mind, which I was thankful she couldn't see through the phone.

The more I thought of yesterday, I couldn't help but blush even more in embarrassment. I'm not sure why I had wanted Griffin to stay, let alone why I had ended up cuddling with him.

And the scary thing is, the girls knew something was up even before I fully did. All I knew was ever since Griffin asked to be friends that day on the highway, something felt different between us. I wasn't sure what it was, but I don't think I could say I hated it. I just couldn't get him off my mind, especially since last Saturday with the football game. At this point, there was only one thing I think I could be sure of.

I think I'm falling for Griffin.

"Uh," I cleared my throat, wondering if Aria could somehow sense my pulse racing. "It was fine, why?"

"Oh, no reason. Just wondering how things were with Griffin...So what did you and the 'school hottie' do last night?" she prodded.

"Just, watched some Friends, you know..." I was twirling the ends of my hair at this point. "...Right before he asked me out..."

"Oh my gosh, no freaking way!" she squealed.

"And then we kinda ended up cuddling..."

"Shut up!"

"...Until I fell asleep and then I woke up right now and for some reason I am telling you all of this," I chuckled a little as my face turned beat red with Aria squealing with excitement in the background.

"I can't believe this!" she giggled. "So you do like someone!"

"I guess so," I sighed. "I mean I'm still trying to make sense of it."

"What's there to make sense of? You like Griffin, oh my gosh, I can't believe you actually like someone!"

"Hey, is it that hard to believe I'm not a heartless old lady?" I chuckled..

"No, I didn't mean it like that," she laughed. "I'm just really happy for you, Hayls. Hey, I gotta go, but I expect full details of last night to come. I'll see you later, ok?"

"Ok," I chuckled again. "Talk to you soon. Bye!"

I hung up with an oddly satisfying sigh.

I, Haley Parker, actually liked Griffin Johnson.