Chapter 21 || Boo You Whore

The rest of the day was spent relaxing by the beach. At around 4pm we decided to leave as we were all planning on attending Chris' party tonight. I was quite excited and determined to have a good night, unlike the last eventful party.

I fall back on my bed, my phone clamped to my ear as I stare up at the ceiling.

Elle coughs and sighs with exasperation, "I'm sick," she grumbles into the phone.

"Boo you whore."

"Bronte," she growls.

"I'm sorry, the opportunity was there and I had to grab it."

"Okay, well can I have sweet Bronte back to comfort me through my sickness?"

"Okay sure," I agree, clearing my throat and sitting up in the bed, "Aw, baby. What happened?"

"Don't you remember? Stupid Alec thought it would be fun to push me in the water just before we left," she mutters darkly.

I stifle a laugh at the memory.

Just as we had finished getting changed into dry clothes and ready to leave, a scream had sounded from the shore. There, I saw Alec cackling with laughter and Elle squatted in the water, drenched from head to toe and glaring fiercely at Alec.

"He's such an asshole! The water was like 2 degrees by then!" she exclaims, and I stop laughing.

Don't laugh at your sick best friend! Bad Bronte. Very, very bad!

"Are you going to be able to make it to the party then?" I question hopefully, and she coughs in response.

"Nooo... Elle too sick," she then replies in the third person. I sigh. Elle really wanted to go to that party.

"Damn, that sucks."

"But you can still go! Don't let me stop you."

"No, no, it's okay!" I reply hastily. Even though I had already gotten dressed and ready for the party, I didn't want to go if Elle wasn't. She was the whole reason I was going, after all.

"Bronte," Elle growls, "I can't let you not go. That's not fair on you. You've probably already gotten dressed up and ready for it, am I right?"

I look down at my outfit, "Pfft... n-"

"Don't even bother lying," Elle interrupts me before groaning, "Come on. Just go, Bront. I don't want you to miss out because of me," she states, before chirping, "Go with Blake!"

My heart leaps at the option. I'm not even going to lie and say that I wouldn't love to go with Blake. I enjoy his company, though I'm not too sure whether the feeling is mutual. He can get a little snappy sometimes, and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me clinging onto him; especially since we only caught up a few hours ago.

"I dunno..."

"Just ask him. Blake has always been pretty upfront with his opinions and feelings. You'll know if he doesn't want to be with you."

That is true, but sometimes he likes to keep things to himself and keep us guessing on what he's thinking. Probably part of his whole mysterious bad boy facade. Stupid donkey. "Alright," I eventually reply, "I'll see if he's home. Talk to you later!"

"Love you."

"I love you too." I press the end call button and hop up from my bed, walking over to the mirror.

I am happy with how I am dressed for tonight. Unfortunately I don't have Elle, the potential makeup artist, to fix up my face but I did the best I could in making me look, well, decent. I, of course, decided to go for a natural look. I couldn't afford spending 3 hours on trying to make my eyeliner perfect or making sure my eyeshadow is even. I don't exactly have a steady hand and I didn't want to take any risks.