▲ Epilogue ▲

Epilogue

"Bront," Blake mutters. I grumble incoherent words and turn in my half-sleep, wrapping my arms around Blake's torso and using him as my teddy bear to cuddle up to. His hand plays with my hair for a moment and then he whispers softly. "Bront, we've got to go. Reece is coming around in ten minutes."

"Nooo..." I groan tiredly. I did not have the energy to get out of this bed.

Blake pinches me, "Seriously dude, wake the fuck up."

"Blake," I cry, snapping out of my sleep. I lift my head and sit up in my bed, "You just ruined a perfectly serene moment."

He has the audacity to grin down at me mockingly. "What was I supposed to do? You wouldn't wake up."

I let out a laugh and shake my head at him, "I'm breaking up with you," I hum, obviously not meaning it.

"No you're not, now get ready."

I pout at him. I was not yet ready to get out of bed and get dressed for the bowling match with the group. This whole afternoon Blake and I had been relaxing in bed and watching movies and I didn't know how I could muster the energy in me to go bowling after relaxing for such a long time.

"You're so cute," he tells me as I pout at him.

I turn my expression into a playful glare, "Stop."

"Stop what?"

"Complimenting me. It makes me awkward and uncomfortable." I never know how to accept a compliment and always end up awkwardly laughing and saying jumbled up words.

"Fine, you're ugly."

"Much better," I laugh, standing up and grabbing my phone off of my desk. I press the home button to find a text message from Reece light up on the screen.

GReece Lightning: Hey, we are on our way, Bront! You and Blake better prepare to lose.

I smile amusedly before typing up a response.

That would be totally unnecessary. It's cute that you think you stand a chance though! :))) - B

They did stand a chance, however. Blake and I were absolutely pathetic at bowling and would most likely end up getting smashed by the others. The only chances of us winning would be if everyone had their arms amputated. I don't tell Blake this because I don't want to give him any ideas.

"Who you texting?" Blake asks curiously.

"Reece. He says that he and Chase will beat us," I inform him with a roll of the eyes, like the option was out of the questions.

"Ha!" Blake laughs, "In their dreams."

I don't want to let him down so I don't say anything. My phone lights up and I get another notification.

GReece Lightning: Ah dammit, I've got nothing! I guess we'll have to just settle things on the battlefield.

I place my phone back down on my desk and walk over to my chest of drawers, picking out a casual top and shorts. "I'll be right back," I tell Blake, and he holds a hand to his heart, letting out a breath of relief.

"Oh thank God," he breathes sarcastically, "I thought you were walking away and never returning."

"You're hilarious," I reply over my shoulder as I exit the bedroom and enter the bathroom. The house is very quiet today since both my parents are out, working. I quickly get dressed into the casual clothes, before returning to my room. I sit down on the bed and quickly slip on my running shoes. "Are you ready?"