Chapter 27 || How Do You Want Your Sausage?

A/N

I just want to say that from chapter 25 and onwards I'm not really proud of this story. I wrote this book a while ago (okay, it was only 3 months ago) and looking back on it I cringe because it is all so cheesy and happy.

So, please don't comment saying it is cringey. I know dancing in a car to boppy music is lame. Deal with it, lol. I plan for the sequel to be really good and less 'eh' than the first, so I'm looking forward to starting that. I'm also looking forward to starting a fresh book once I finish this one! EEEKK.

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I got really bad writer's block and I'm not happy with it too much, but I will make up for that over the next few chapters.

Check out the cool youtube vid! It was made by the same girl who made the 'No Scrubs' Bronte and Blake video! I've been meaning to attach it to a chapter for ageess but I keep forgetting. So, finally, here it is!

- M

▲ ▲ ▲

"Canon-ball!" Chase shouts from above us. I see him leap off the cliff before water splashes into the air and Blake, Reece, Alec, and I all end up soaked in water from head to toe. When Chase resurfaces, he cackles at us.

"I will end him," Blake scowls, and the next thing I know all three boys are undressed and in the water, attacking Chase. I smile and place my bag down on the pavement.

After a 30 minute bush walk, the boys and I had finally arrived at our destination; an isolated section of the bush where a small lake is situated with a cliff that you can climb and jump off into the lake. It was perfect.

I hadn't quite recovered from my conversation with Blake in the car. His words were hard to forget and left thousands of thoughts running through my mind. All I needed now was time to think about everything - and there was no better way to do that than lying down and embracing the warmth of the sun. My feet were killing me.

I plug my earphones in as I lower onto the towel, but before I can even think about drifting off to sleep, I am embraced by something that isn't the sun - something quite far from it.

Blake, who had been swimming around in the water only a few seconds ago, had his arms wrapped around me.

"Oh my god! Shit. No. Ah! Stop it!" I exclaim, though my laugh betrays me. I stand up and wriggle him off me. "You jackass."

"You don't want a hug?" Blake frowns mockingly.

I unplug my earphones and set my phone down on my towel for safety measures. "No," I shake my head at him and he steps towards me, "No-no-no. Seriously, stop it," I squeal with a laugh, jogging away when he goes in to hug me again.

"See, you're smiling now," he states.

"I wasn't aware that I wasn't smiling."

"Ever since the car ride you've been frowning - and you haven't said much."

"Oh, sorry."

"Don't say sorry," he replies irritatedly. Blake wants me to stop apologising when I don't need to because he thinks I always blame myself.

"Oh, right. Sorry," I reply. Blake looks at me like he's ready to murder me and I laugh, "I'm kidding."

"Not funny," he frowns.

"Lighten up."

"Don't tell me what to do." Now he's just being difficult.

"Okay. Want a hug?" I suggest, a devious plan already forming in my head.