Chapter 30 || A Night Gone Unexpectedly Right. Right?

"Oh my god, Elle. I can't believe what I just did," I groan. "Crap. How on earth will I face Blake tomorrow?"

"Dude. Why the hell would you call him? At 9pm - While you're on a freaking date, you idiot!" Elle comforts me. Note the sarcasm.

"I don't know. It was an in-the-moment decision. I was feeling inspired," I grumble, scooping some vanilla ice cream out of the tub. I whimper and eat the ice cream.

You're probably very confused as to why I'm withering away in my bedroom with a tub of ice cream in my arms. Well, where do I begin?

It all started on my night-out with Jack...

The doorbell rings and I jump up from my bed. "I'll get it!" I call out to my parents before jogging downstairs hurriedly.

Tonight was the night of my date with Jack. I was quite excited, though a little unsure. It still didn't feel right going out with Jack anymore, but I didn't want to cancel on him just because I changed my mind about the date. It was only one date - I could survive. Besides, although it is highly unlikely, I might develop feelings for Jack after this date.

Okay, so maybe I'm just making excuses for my poorly-made decision.

I swing the door open and smile when I see Jack standing nervously before me. He was wearing casual clothes and his hair was swept back with a lot of gel; more than necessary, but I don't mind. He's so adorable.

"Hey!" I smile, giving him a quick hug.

"Hey, Bronte!" he returns the smile, "You look beautiful. As always."

I smile bashfully in response, "Thank you. You're not so bad yourself."

He smiles in response before scratching the back of his head, "Shall we go now?"

"We shall," I grin, before calling over my shoulder, "Bye mom! Bye dad!" I call, hoping that my parents don't try and interfere with our date.

"Wait!" I hear a voice shout, muffled by the living room door. The sound of footsteps padding across the floor grows louder and I inwardly groan.

I turn to Jack, "Run."

He laughs at me like I was joking, "It's okay."

"If you don't run, we'll miss the entire movie and probably won't leave for another 4 hours, no kidding."

"I want to take a photo!" My mom cheers when she arrived at us. I look back at Jack and give him a pointed look. He laughs and stands beside me for the photos.

100 photos later, Jack and I finally manage to escape mom's grasp, unharmed.

We walk over to Jack's car and he opens the door for me, "Me lady," He speaks in a posh voice, holding his arm out and slightly bowing.

I laugh at him and slide into the car.

Jack slides into the driver's seat and twists the key. The car roars to life, and then we were off, driving through the dimly lit streets of Worthington.

"You excited to see Jurassic World?" I ask conversation-wise.

"Yeah, definitely," Jack nods, "All my friends have been raging about it, so I'm excited to see what the big deal is about."

"Yeah. I love those kinds of movies," I comment, "You know? Like a mix of action, fantasy and thriller."

Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Divergent and World War Z give me life.