Chapter 3 || I'm Blushing

It's been days since I've left that room. My stomach is growling, I'm on the brink of insanity, and I'm contemplating whether or not I should eat my hand to quench my hunger...

Okay, so it isn't that bad.

I've been in here for about 5 minutes, my stomach is growling, I've spent most of my time here with my ear pressed against the door and I'm beginning to question whether he even chased after me. I haven't heard a peep since I made my dramatic arrival.

Deciding that this was all so silly, I stand up and swing the door open confidently, my eyes scanning the room. When I decide that it's safe enough to leave the confines of the room, I step out and gingerly walk over to the kitchen.

I guess Blake wasn't bothered to kill me, after all.

What a pity.

Sighing in both relief and exasperation, I decide that I need a distraction and turn the sink on. I then begin to clean the empty plates, bowls and cups from last night's dinner. I needed to keep my mind active and distracted from this morning's events. Besides, it was the least I could do for Marisa and Jay.

Once finished, I cautiously head over to my room, being sure to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Fortunately, the coast is clear and not a Blake was in sight. I enter the room and pick up my phone from my bed to find a text notification on my screen.

Elle.

Elle-Oh-Elle: Hey Bront, wanna come over?

I smile and type up a response. Elle has been my best friend (and only real friend) since I arrived at Worthington. She's a petite girl with light brown hair and big green eyes. The two of us have been like peas in a pod since the moment I sat next to her in year 9 Math class. I would've stayed at her house, but things are a little complicated in her family. Elle's parents split up a few years back, and so Elle doesn't always stay in one house. Each week it rotates. One week she's with her mum, the next she's with her dad and step-mum.

Unfortunately I can't. Parents are in Africa for the next 5 weeks and I have no car to drop me off.

Elle instantly begins to type up a message and within a matter of seconds she sends her reply.

Elle-Oh-Elle: What!? Dude. How do I not know of this?

They left yesterday on a business trip ! I was gonna tell you but you were at Dubai when I found out about them leaving so I thought there was no point. I forgot to tell you when you got back, sorryyyy!!!

Elle-Oh-Elle: Don't apologise -.- So where are you staying?

Try Blake Parker's house ;)

After sending the message, my phone begins to vibrate and a photo of Elle pulling a funny face pops up on the screen. I roll my eyes amusedly and press answer. I had a feeling she'd call me - She glorifies Blake Parker just like the rest of the student body.

"What the actual fuck, Bronte," are the sweet words I am greeted with.

"Oh Elle, I missed your kind, sweet, loving nature, I really did-"