89. We might as well date now

I could get used to this luxury life. A different one from the one I was living most days, but once I retired and got old, this was exactly the way I wanted to spend my days. A beautiful villa with many rooms to discover, a yacht ready to use whenever desired and not to forget about the wonderful gardens around. Having Lando close, as usual, made things much better as well.

We talked about the fight we had when I returned from Greece, something that happened weeks ago, but was still left unresolved in a slight way. I tried to look at his perspective for a change and his words kind of made sense. I disagreed with him after all, however, we decided to let everything go and start all over again. We used to be the greatest friends, yet something changed. We both wanted to get our friendship back and honestly, these few days really helped to achieve that goal.

Except when it came to golfing. Since that was a sport rich people did, we thought it was a good idea to do as well. In my opinion, we looked like so-called old money for these few days, so golf it was. Now I wasn't particularly good at this. Lando had enough experience from golfing with this teammate Carlos. At the same time, I didn't even know the terms, my experience with Wii Sports was all I had, to be completely honest with you. Vaguely I remembered a golfing scene in one of the High School Musical movies, but I couldn't apply that knowledge.

Our activity mainly included racing each other on the golf course with golf carts. We got two of them for a vague reason. It did waste some of our time, but they were also very necessary as we needed to pick up the golf balls as well. We didn't quite succeed with many failed attempts, so our day out was a mixture of racing each other, pretending we were posh and looking for golf balls.

"Eveline, darling," Lando started during a short break at the country club, with his most high-class accent I barely contained myself from laughing. "This midday has been rather thrilling if I say so myself."

"I swear to the gods," I snapped, rolling my eyes. "Just call me Daisy, no more preppy stuff for the rest of the day." In my defence, I had to put up with him all day, and the day before, and the day before that one. "Stop it, please."

"So we're begging now?" Lando asked, before taking a sip of his iced tea. He wiggled his brows at me, followed by a wink. Both of his actions frustrated me a little, I pressed my lips tightly together and shook my head.

"You wish," I scoffed. "We don't do that over here."

"Last year you would beg to differ," Lando said, smirking. These words got him nothing more but a kick underneath the table. "Pathetic, you know I'm right."

"Oh sorry, weren't you the one obsessing over me for over three years?" I asked. Both Lando and I knew he'd be lying if the answer to my question was no. "Now that's pathetic."

"As if you're not trying to sabotage all of my relationships," Lando claimed. I scrunched up my face, relaxing when I realised he was right.

"And I've done it successfully, which leads everything back to you," I defended. I had also ordered an iced tea, but I needed to gain weight, so I also ordered a big piece of apple pie.

"Don't even try to tell me I'm not the reason why your two serious relationships ended," he said with a boyish grin, as if he was proud of it. With the Lucas situation, I questioned it, but when I was with Charles I did kind of fall for Lando at the same time. "Just admit that you've always loved me."

"I have always loved you, that's no secret," I admitted. "I'm just not in love with you most of the time." He raised his brows. "I said most, don't be offended."

"I'm not offended, I'm surprised because I only fell in love with you once," he said, stealing the fork that laid next to my apple pie, and twirled it around his fingers. "You lose."