93. Maybe it's time for a new career

The loud sound of my alarm echoed through the room at exactly five in the morning. I only managed to carry myself out of my bed ten minutes later, struggling with opening my eyes. Once I opened the curtains, getting blinded by the brightness, I got a bit aware of my surroundings. Yes, Netflix was about to follow me. I jumped in the cold shower for a few minutes, just to smell fresh. I didn't wash my hair, had done that yesterday night, so I got away with just brushing it. I tied my hair into a sleek ponytail, but then I loosened it a bit because in my idea my hairline was already receding. Wisps of hair now fell around my face, creating a bit of a messy look. Yesterday Beth instructed me to wear my Alfa Romeo shirt, even though I questioned if we'd visit the paddock today. Maybe we had something else.

About three-quarters of an hour later, I heard disruptive knocking on my door. I rolled my eyes, quickly tied the laces of my favourite converse and opened the door with a sigh. I kept my hand on the latch even after opening the door, my arm leaning against the frame. Despite my efforts to keep her out, Beth barged into my room and started tidying my stuff. She shoved my suitcase inside the corner, folded my clothes and stacked them neatly on top of one another. Loose stuff that was just scattered around my room, think about a phone charger, a lip balm and a notebook, were all collected and shoved in a random drawer. In the meantime, I had no idea what to do.

"Netflix isn't coming into my room, Beth," I stated, crossing my arms as I kept my eyes on the woman cleaning my room. I took a glance at my watch and waited for her to stop cleaning. "I must suck as a client if you prefer to be my housekeeper rather than my manager."

"I won't say I never reconsidered another job," Beth puffed, taking looks behind my curtains and underneath my bed. "You don't have any of your hookups in here?" Beth asked, to which I shook my head. "Good, we don't want another situation. You know last year..."

"Yes, I remember," I said before she could even finish her speech. She'd probably mention how Netflix spotted me and Charles here, and it was pretty hard to deny that there wasn't something going on between us at the moment. It's not like we didn't become public a few months later, but for the time being the speculations got annoying. I was sure she only wanted to prevent another similar situation. "No one is in here, I swear on Teddy."

Beth let out a sigh of relief and smoothed out the wrinkles in her pencil skirt. She didn't wear the teamwear, instead, she wore a dark blue blazer, matching with her skirt and a cream coloured blouse. I assumed she'd sweat within the next few hours since the weather here was hot. On the other hand, Beth knew what she was dealing with since lately she visited her home country, Indonesia, quite often and it was also hot in there. I didn't take humidity and all that into consideration. Back to Beth, her fit was accessorised with golden jewellery, I didn't remember paying her that much.

About five minutes before meeting with Netflix, we went to a restaurant in the hotel. Apparently, we had to pretend they weren't present, they weren't yet, but even during breakfast. I knew for a fact Beth would do everything in her power to get her five seconds of screen time, even though the episode revolved around me. If they'd actually use the footage. Anyways, we picked out a place to get breakfast, not too crowded and with enough healthy options. Whilst I got tea for both Beth and myself, she picked out a round table with seven seats. I didn't remember having that many friends that tolerated one another. I put down the tray and sat opposite my manager, shoving the glass of tea towards her without spilling any.

Time ticked and Aisha joined us, with her iced coffee, thank the gods. I got along just fine with Aisha and she had some influence on Beth as well, she was dressed almost the same as me. The same shirt, paired with a white skirt that stopped mid-thigh. Instead of converses, she wore airforces, but other than that we were dressed the same. I took another look at Aisha and she sat down next to me.