61. The triwich chronicles

A/n:
a short chapter today, but  KateStark36 and I saw a meme and we couldn't help ourselves and I just put it in the story because of that. Kinda a filler for the ones coming up next (buckle up for 3000+ words each), but here she wrote a piece herself for me to put in my story. So massive thanks to Kate.

———

I spent a few days at home with Sophia and mum after they unexpectedly showed up in Austria. I considered it to be really nice, but to be honest, the state Sophia was in concerned me a lot. She couldn't stand up straight for longer than five minutes and she constantly complained about how hungry she was, the last thing was a side effect of her medicine. She didn't feel comfortable in her own skin anymore and when every part of your body aches, you don't become much nicer to your surroundings.

I have been insulted all weekend (and the days after that) by either Sophia or Kate, so I could really use a day where no one acted like they hated me with every cell of their body. Going home wouldn't be the best idea then, since the chance Lando and Tanya were there was pretty big. I decided to stay one more day with mum and Sophia, hopefully I could go home late at night and avoid Lando.

"For the final time..." Sophia sighed. "Shorty doesn't hate you so please get your flat ass off my couch!" I shrugged, this was still my house as well, but apparently, Sophia got her ways. She always did, mum always had her back even if she acted unreasonably. I wasn't allowed to complain about her according to mum. I no longer bothered to protest, though the whole 'do whatever Sophia says' thing began to get on my nerves. I thought I came home to relax a little, back to back races were pretty exhausting for that matter.

According to mum I wasn't allowed to complain about that either. I did something that I loved and Sophia couldn't, because she'd die soon and my happiness really didn't matter at this point. Lets say I felt really validated here... no.

"Since I have no value in this household anymore, shall I just leave?" I asked. Sophia nodded. I glanced at mum who didn't show any kind of reaction, almost like she ignored me, but I knew for sure she heard me. "Okay so apparently I no longer exist," I raised my hands in defence and grabbed my suitcase upstairs. When I arrived back in the living room neither Sophia or my mum had moved a step. "Did I do something wrong?"

"It's more the things you didn't do," Sophia said. "I spoke to shorty and he explained that you two are fighting." I raised my brows. Did this bitch have the audacity to spill all our secrets everywhere? "So I'm mad at you because it's probably your fault and now I won't get to see you two happy together!"

"But we are happy, just not with each other." I answered. Sophia crossed her arms and sighed deeply. "And you know Lando is sleeping with Tanya? It's not only my fault we're not together." Sophia's eyes widened. "I guess he left out that small detail didn't he?" My sister and mum nodded. "Then there's no need to bash me, he made mistakes and so did I."

"That means you're even, get back together before I die," Soph replied. I opened my mouth to say something, but my sister didn't appreciate that. "You know I am right, shut the fuck up, go home and apologise, make a baby and name it after me. Thank you in advance." Well, that was a whole lot of tasks.

I took another glance it mum, who appeared to agree with Sophia's masterplan. "That's going to take five years or me being a world champion at Ferrari," I stated.

"So five years?" Sophia asked. "You and I both know that Ferrari won't be world champions any time soon, and definitely not in the next five years." I gasped. "You know it's true."

———

I unlocked the door of my house and with a sigh, I stepped in. I never imagined being a little anxious to walk into my dream house, but here we are. I took off my coat and hung it up next to the stairs. Teddy, as usual, craved for my attention, so I petted him. I stopped when I heard a noise coming from inside the house. I lifted up the dog -luckily he hadn't grown much yet- and held him into my arms, walking a little further inside.