17. Let's fire Beth?

You know the drill? Comments and votes are appreciated here! Also thank y'all so much for the reads, we almost reached 3k which is SO MUCH. I never thought we'd get this far in these few months, I really appreciate it! Every single one of you. Enjoy this chapter!

Why are people suddenly interested in talking to me? The question that came up in my mind when I made my way through the paddock after helping the mechanics at Prema with the ideal set up and easy things, like putting the tires on a stack and bringing coffee. I didn't know that much about the mechanic things yet, but in this way, I could help them a little while learning something about physics for my homework. I ran into Aisha and had a short chat with her, which didn't surprise me, but that other F1 drivers actually went out of their way to say hi seemed quite uncommon. Especially when we've never spoken before.

George, Alex, Lando and I did our track walk together, where I kept teasing George about in which corner I'd be champion. "I have two more races to wipe that smile off your face," George mumbled. "So I kindly request you to shut up."

"Ask Charles to shut her up," Alex chuckled, giving Lando a high-five. I gasped, did Lando seriously tell him? "And friends with benefits? I'm extremely disappointed in both of you, I really thought you were innocent!"

"Oh trust me," Lando started. "If anyone here isn't innocent it's Dais."

"Wait, friends with benefits? You do that stuff?" George's brows raised. "Asking for a friend." I rolled my eyes and nudged his shoulder. "Oh yeah you have a boyfriend now, we'd almost forgot with that constant checking your phone."

"I'm not-" I said, holding my phone that usually just sat there in my back pocket in my hand. -"Okay so maybe a little, but he isn't my boyfriend-" All of them rolled their eyes. -"Yet! Come on people my love life is not that interesting."

"You know what's interesting?" Alex asked. "How you are in love with Charles but after two days of not seeing him you hooked up with this muppet." I bit my lip, he was right unfortunately, it was weird.

"Out of all people?" George said before he took a sip of water. "You really don't like me, huh?" I chuckled and shook my head. Both of us knew we weren't that close anyway, not that close as Lando and I were. The teasing turned into an inside joke, but this got a little too much for my liking.

"Don't throw shade on our muppet friend," I sighed. "It might've been the wrong decision, but we quit-"

-"After seven times," Lando interrupted. "Sorry, it's quite an accomplishment for just one day, you know?" I rolled my eyes and threw water over his face, it was freezing cold, but embarrassing me like that wasn't necessary. "Someone is grumpy," He wiped the water off his face. "Did Charles keep you up?"

"Oh come on," I sighed. "We literally share a room Lan, you're overreacting, you haven't even seen Charles after Monza and I for sure won't invite him to our room." While you're still in it.

We continued the walk with no talking about Charles, I felt like the boys kept judging me for liking someone so I changed to subject to something else, something less embarrassing, though they still found occasions to bring him up. Lando seemed off once again, so did George to my surprise, I reckoned because he was nervous about the championship, but Lando literally had no chance to become champion so I didn't see a reason for his behaviour. The only person that acted reasonably was Alex, so I talked more to him, the others just played mind games I thought, but I wasn't going to fall for it this time. My focus was on racing only, I needed to win this one, I just hoped that George wouldn't do as well, a top-five finish would mean we had to continue the fight till Abu Dhabi, which would be great for the sport for sure, there weren't a lot of people that enjoyed the Mercedes dominance in F1. Formula 2 deserved some more hype in my eyes.