24

What the hell? Why would Calvin do that to me? I know that I may have gotten off on the wrong foot and came at him a little aggressive- but he shut the door. On. My. Face. After I brought him food and everything!

    "Are you serious?" I grumble aloud. Quiet. I can hear the crickets chirping outside. I clench my jaw and reach for the doorknob to open it. As soon as my fingertips touch the knob, the latch clicks and he locks the door.

Wow. Just...wow.

  "Fuck you," I mutter and walk away from the door. It's quite unlike you to make the first move, little wolf. Calvin says through the link. I groan and stomp myself back down the hall. Who does he think he is?

  I stop in my tracks when I hear Calvin cough. I pause for a moment longer, waiting for him to open the door. He never does. My frown grows.

I get that he's all emotional and on his man period, but this is just dramatic. Why are men like this? I remember the time that I made my dad cry and he was mean to me for a whole week! This is so much worse than that, and Calvin hasn't been mean about it up until now.

  ...get it together...

I drag myself up to my bedroom and make my way to the bathroom to take a bath. I'll take his words and get myself together. Once I get to the bathroom I take a long look at myself in the mirror. I don't look dirty, or anything like that; I just think I look different. It's not a bad different, but ever since I met Zella I feel as though something has changed in me. I lean closer to the mirror to get a better look at myself. I furrow my eyebrows as I look at my collar bone. Cal has done some serious scarring there. There are scars that look like puncture wounds, scars that look like they drag- some fade and some are deep. Every time he has bitten me it has been extremely painful, and they stay swollen for so long. He says that it's because the mark is turning me into a Lucan. However; I believe the mark is just making me feel beautiful.

Ouch. I brush my hair out of the way and step back from the mirror. I continue to gaze at the spot, and as my eyes drag along my beat up collar bone; I notice something about myself. Why hadn't I noticed it before? When did it do that?

I run my fingers over my mark, and my heart rate picks up. What is this symbol in my collar bone? I stare at it a minute longer before I turn to the bathtub faucet on and dump bubble mix into the running water.

Why do I discover everything at once? I swear I cause myself to be so crazy sometimes. It is very overwhelming. The bath water slowly fills, and the bubbles expand. A sigh passes my lips.

  I can't help but think about the time that Calvin had stood in an ice cold shower just to help me cool down when my heat first started, and when he ran that cold bath for me. He was so nice. He is still nice,  but he is just consumed in his job.

I mean, right now. I have to admit I am a distraction. I distracted him a few times under the table, but that's beside the point. I pull my lip between my teeth when a cheeky idea pops into my head.

I climb into the bath once the water is full enough and stop the flow of the water. Bubbles cover my entire body and I let out a relived sigh when the warmth touches my skin. I love the feeling on the water almost burning it.

My mind wanders as I just lay with my eyes shut. Slowly; my mind makes its way into a trance.

Gray I hear her voice. Zella is active. She usually stays pretty dormant. I breathe, relaxing myself even more. I acknowledge her.

Bare his anger no mind. She soothes me. I knot my eyebrows and continue to listen for her. We have opened wounds he has just patched. Just remember that flowers grow back even after they're stepped on. She is so gentle. How are we each other's match?