2» pack

Yesterday wasn't my day

Yesterday wasn't my day. Neither will today be. The truth has come out to Allison, and my family. They know what I was never able to tell them, and I know that now Calvin and I are going to have to ride through the pity-party stage.

All of the I'm so sorry! The constant, you can always adopt! They're all the same. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. It'll be the same thing with everyone until they all get the hint that we're tired of their useless apologies.

I'm already sick of it, and it hasn't even started yet. Although I had fun on Calvin and I's trip, I craved to be home. Now that I'm actually here- I'm ready to leave again. It's so strange how that works. We always want what we don't have.

"Morning, Luna." Benjamin says, ruffling up my hair with one hand and sipping coffee in the other. I squint my eyes and slap his hand away from my hair before it's a knotted mess.

"Don't call me that, loser." I roll my eyes, "but good morning." I flash him a smile which he kindly returns.

"Your husband gets mad when I don't call you that." He says, sipping his drink casually and shifting his weight on his feet.

"My husband gets mad when you breathe in my direction- don't listen to him over that. You're my friend." I smile.

"Best friend- in law." He corrects. I roll my eyes at him. Ben is a funny guy, but Calvin is too strict with him.

"Speaking of my husband, I thought he was with you?" I knot my eyebrows. Ben gives me a confused look and looks around the room.

"He's currently having a long discussion with Allison. He kicked me out." He shrugs. I look at Benjamin trying to read his emotions, but he's too good at hiding them.

"We are at the pack house, lets be social butterflies instead of sitting in here watching.....?" Benjamin glances at the television.

"American horror story." I finish his sentence, and then shake my head. "I don't want to. I don't feel good." I lie. Truth is, I stayed up most of the night thinking things over in my head. Imaginary scenarios ran through my mind last night, making me more upset than ever.

"You're sad, Gray. Not sick." He corrects me bluntly. "Lets get your mind off of it, okay? There are so many people here that love hearing you talk about Calvin and get away with it." He winks. I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to miss the rest of this episode!" I frown.

"FINE. After this episode, we're going to socialize. Okay?"

"Fine." I agree, curling back into a ball on the couch and focusing all of my attention back on the tv show. Ben takes a seat on the rocking chair and kicks it back.

I hear him curse under his breath as his coffee spills on his arm, and I can't help but giggle.

"Not funny." He grumbles.