11.

"I can't control myself." Maheen said letting out a laugh.

"I can see that." Dev said looking at Maheen keenly, a smile playing on his lips as well.

"My best friend is in love with your brother, and my sister is marrying his best friend." She said letting out a chuckle.

"Mrunal didi is getting married to  Prithvi Ji what if Gehna was to marry your big brother, I feel so giddy with excitement."

"Well then I'll get to spend more time with you, that will make me happy." He said looking at her reflection in the dark water.

"Do you just want to keep on meeting  me in the darkness of the night, sneaking away from the palace ?" She said looking at him pointedly. His featured looking sharper in the moon light.

"Not forever. But for now yes, this moment, is precious, you are precious" he said smiling down at her.

Maheen smiled and leaned into him. He wrapped his hand around her shoulder and the two sat watching the moon.

•••

The hustle in the palace had increased ten folds. Ten days to the wedding remained and everyone was on their toes getting things straight.

"I'm going to wear a green lehenga on your wedding, Noor Phupho please can I have -."

"A green lehenga ? Of course you will get one my love." Noor said kissing Maheen on her forehead. "Gehna what about you beta ?"

"Anything will do Phupho." Gehna replies.

"Well stitch her a red phupho jaan, you never know Gehna might just get married the same day." Maheen replied with a wink.

"Is there something I don't know about ?" Mrunal asked eyeing the two.

"No." Gehna said at once. "Mahi is just referring to maa baba wanting to get me married that's all." She said giving Noor and Mrunal a quick smile.

"Well if you say so." Mrunal said with a shrug.
"We have to go to the temple again with Prithvi Ji for some pooja so be ready both of you, I won't accept tardiness." Mrunal said sternly.

"Yes my Queen." Maheen said bowing down in front of Mrunal.

Mrunal slapped Maheen playfully before walking out of the room.

"You girls should go get ready too, come tomorrow I'll get the fabrics for you to see." Noor said.

"Okay phupho, we'll be there." Maheen replied giving her aunt a hug before leaving for her room with her best friend.

"Mahi, I'm going to throw you down the palace wall someday." Gehna said as soon as they stepped out of the room.

"What have I done ?" Maheen asked innocently.

"You...you." Gehna groaned making Maheen laugh.

"Alright, I won't put you under the spot again, your secret is safe with me." She said placing her hand behind Gehna's back and propelling her forward to start moving faster.

The two chatted mindlessly on their way back to the Princess' chamber.

"I'm going to change out of this heavy lehnga and wear a lighter shalwar kameez." Maheen said walking towards the trunks which held her clothes.

"Alright, let me help you." Gehna said and joined Maheen in selecting a simple but appropriate dress.

They picked out a bright red chickenkari dress with small mirrors studded in it.