53.

Maheen had tried all day to talk to Aditya, to get hold of him, but Aditya made sure to stay clear of her.

When Maheen return back to the chamber, share found it empty, but in a mess.

It had taken Maheen two hours to take care of the mess Aditya had made.

Aditya had busied himself with work and court and accounts for the entire day. Maheen had tried and tried but Aditya did not have a second to spare for anyone.

"You need to talk to him." Dev said frustrated, looking down from the balcony into the courtyard.

"I know Dev and I've been try but he isn't sparing me a minute. You've tried too haven't you, did you succeed." Maheen replied massaging her forehead.

"I know, I'm sorry, it's just too much to take in. I never expected Maa to have this side ... actually who am I kidding, I knew all along that mother wasn't the idealistic queen or a righteous person but she is my mother, I.. I can't -."

"I'm sorry Dev. You and Mohini too have faced a lot today." Maheen replied walking towards him. She stood next to him, maintaining a respectable distance and the both of them peered into the courtyard.

"And we are the descendants of Lord Ram." Dev laughed bitterly. "Aren't we an ideal family." he said looking sideways at Maheen.

"Two brother, the younger one leaves his bride at the alter at the day of the wedding and the older brother has to marry her. Two sisters who married the same man one for love, the other for the throne." A single tear rolled down Dev's cheek.

"My mother killed her sister Maheen, my uncle tried to kill your father, I abandoned you at the nth hour of our wedding, I'm sure you must hate me, for my family, for what we have done, for being me and I wouldn't blame you if you did, but Maheen believe me when I tell you I have nothing but love to give, I still love you Maheen and I know I shouldn't even tell you all this, hell I shouldn't even think about you in such a way now that you are my brothers wife but... but I'm in love with you and always will be."

Maheen looked at Dev, tears ran down her face as she looked at him, so broken, so vulnerable.

"I know for a fact that I won't stop loving you, not now, not ever. And my feelings for you is nothing short of a sin, so I've decided to put distance between you and I, I cannot stay with you under a roof Maheen, I can't stay here any longer, specially knowing that I'm in love with my brothers wife." He took in a sharp breath, it tore him apart, the sheer with which force he loved her and his brother , split him into two.

"I'll be leaving Ayodhya after Bhaisa gives a verdict about mother's fate tomorrow in the morning. I'll be moving to Magadh."

Silence followed Dev's announcement. Maheen opened her mouth but shut it.
She tried yo speak but nothing left her throat except a whimper.

"It's okay Maheen, you don't have to say anything, just take care of my family, whatever is left of it."  Dev said with a small smile and red eyes.

Maheen tried to return his smile but failed.
"I will." She said her voice cracking.

Dev turned around and walked out of the balcony in Maheen and Aditya's chamber. He had no place or right to be there anymore.

Maheen stood there as the cold winds blew, she wrapped her arms around her small frame, holding on to herself for comfort. Her body shook as she sobbed, everything was a mess. Her heart cried for the man she loved and for the man she had once loved.
Fate had been cruel to the Raghuvanshi sons.

"If you are planning to stay there all night, we might have to call in the doctor for you this time."

Maheen spun around her heel as the baritone voice reacted her ears. She took monstrous steps towards Aditya and reached him in a second wrapping her arms around his tall frame.