Epilogue

The Agra palace was hustling and bustling with energy. The air was full of happiness, laughter and chaos.

Their princess was coming home after two years, not alone but with her husband, the great ruler Adityaraj Suryavanshi.

"Please tell me Mahi's room has been done ? And have you placed her favourite flowers in the vase ? New linens for her ? Oh and for Aditya ? Have you made room for his -."

"Meera... Meera take a break will you ! You'll burn yourself out my queen." Haider said holding Meera by her arm and pulling her towards him.

"Hadi you don't understand ! Our daughter is coming home after two long years, everything has to be perfect, she should feel welcomed and Aditya, we have to make it up to him for -."

"Meera everything is going to fall into place, you need to relax."

"There is no time to relax and I suggest you join hands and help us here too." Meera said smacking Haider playfully on his chest. "Our daughter and son in law are coming home and our son is getting married and bringing home a bride we-."

"His bride is already at home."

"You know what I mean, and for the very same reason I want it to be memorable for Gehna, I don't want her to think even for a second that we didn't put in enough effort because she is Abhishek Bhaisa and Avantika's daughter and has grown up here so we -."

"Do you not know Gehna enough Meera ? She is as understanding as you if not more, I couldn't have been more proud of Abeer's choice of bride, she is the best we could wish for."

"Thanks uncle." The voice made the two turn around to see Gehna walk towards them with a big smile plastered on her face.

The last year and a half and the new love in her life had somehow made Gehna more beautiful.
She walked towards the couple with grace.

"Sorry to have unintentionally eavesdropped but I'm glad I did." She beamed. "And uncle is right Meera bua you need to relax, Mahi and Aditya's room is ready, I've checked it myself, and the rest of the preparations are going on smoothly as well."

"You are the bride, stop working for your own wedding Gehna." Meera complained.

"You know I can't sit ideal, and what's wrong in taking a little charge of my own wedding."

"Do what you will beta, it's your house, your wedding, you do whatever you want." Haider said placing her hand on her head.

"Thank you uncle." Gehna smiled.

"Gehna we would like you to stop calling us uncle and bua and start referring us by maa and papa if you-."

"It is my honour to call you maa." Gehna said with moister eyes and hugged Meera.

"Well hello ! Stole my heart and stealing now my parents too ?" Abeer walked towards them in this official robe with his crowned turban on.

He removed the crown and gave it to the guard along with his sword and wrapped his arms around both the woman who were in each others embrace.

"Abbu do you need an invite to join." Abeer said the three laughed.

•••

A large tent was set in the middle of the caravan for the king and queen. They were a day's ride away from Agra, Abeer was getting married to Gehna, the two had to be there to witness the union of Maheen's brother to both their best friend.

Maheen sat on the chair in front of the table with a mirror propped on it combing her hair in the warmth of the yellow lights. She looked at herself in mirror and smiled, a shade of pink dotted her cheeks.