52.

"Not my mother ?" Aditya whispered. "What do you meet she is not my mother ?" Aditya said looking between Balram and Maheen.
"If she isn't my mother then who is ?"

"Your mother is no more Aditya. She died.. giving birth to you." Maheen said looking at him tenderly.

"Your mother was my sister, our sister, Gayatri." Balram said wiping the single tear that rolled down his cheek. "She was your father's first wife, but never his queen." He said.

Aditya looked at Maheen for confused.

"Gayatri and Vidyut were in love but our father forced Vidyut to marry both his daughters to make sure he had power over him, he used his own daughters as bait." He said looking at the three Suryavanshi kids who had been punched in the face with the family secrets.

"Since Mandira and Vidyut's wedding was announced, there was no going back on it and father manipulated Vidyut, used his love for Gayatri as a bargaining chip and ruined three lives. Vidyut married Gayatri in secret and then Mandira as he was going to and got his brides home. But as a Raghuvanshi (one who follows the principles of Lord Ram) he couldn't defy the rules set, not in public at least so Gayatri had to be a secret, the most important part of Vidyut's life was a secret."

"Your father was a man in love, devoted to her, like Meera to lord Krishna, he built her a separate palace away from the public eye where the two spent time together, a place, a home which was just theirs. Soon Gayatri fell pregnant with you and happiness knew no bounds, you were going to be a token of their love. But shortly Gayatri was brought back to this palace as Vidyut had to go to Magadh for father's work, call it twisted fate or misfortune that Gayatri went into labour a month early, as she gave birth to you she breathed her last, my sister died, alone, without the presence of the man who had promised to hold her through life and death, she .. my baby died.." Balram said as he broke down.

"Oh.." It was all Aditya could say. In a matter of minute he was orphaned.

"What.. what about Dev Bhaisa and me mamu sa ? Who is our-."

"I am your mother." Mandira screamed. "How dare you ask such a question Mohini, how .. how can-."

"Yes she is your mother, just Dev and yours." Maheen said.

"Oh stop it. I am as much Aditya's mother as I am Dev's or Mohini's. Don't try to poison my kids against me." She spat venomously. "Yashoda wasn't Krishna's biological mother, she was his mother nonetheless. Don't you dare try to -."

"Oh Stop. Don't even compare yourself to Yashoda. You Mandira are a monster." Balram snapped. "You didn't spare your own sister how would you spare her child."

"What do you mean mammu sa ?" Dev asked.

"Aditya please son trust me I had no hand in this, in fact I didn't even know until a few days ago please you have to trust -."

"Get to the point." Aditya cut Balram off.

"Mandira had started to give Gayatri medicines which made Gayatri's blood thin and when she was sure that the medication had done their work she injected Gayatri with snake venom, a similar one she used to kill Maheen. That put Gayatri into early labour and the medicine along with the venom didn't allow Gayatri to heal naturally, it stopped her from clotting after giving birth to you, she bled and bled and died after every drop of blood was out of her body." Balram sobbed.

Aditya felt like the ground beneath his feet had been snatched away, everything was a lie, he was m orphan, he had no one.

"This man is lying, Aditya I am your mother how can you-."

"He isn't lying Aditya." Maheen interjected. "There is someone who can confirm."

The very moment the door of the court room opened and Dai maa walked in.