Chapter 5

Chapter 5.

The tutoring went well, we decided to forget about the tiny box. I look at the red clock on his wall, above his bed. 5.57p.m. Well, it's gonna be six soon. I look back at Tyler and saw him staring at me. He quickly look back down to his book and start doing it.

"Well, it's gonna be 6 soon. I think I'm gonna go back." I said and gather my things.

"Need a ride home?" He asked me as he closed his book with his pencil on the page.

"Yeah. Good idea." I said while getting up from his red, soft bed.

I walk towards my bag that was beside the door and bent down to keep my things. I stood up straight and saw him standing there, waiting for me. He smiled at me before walking towards the door and opening it. I carried the books that were on the floor with my left hand with the bandage still on. I walk out of the room and face towards the long hallway. I saw his sister, the girl who scratched my arm, leaning against the wall flirting with one of Jace's friend. When we walked pass by them, Tyler slapped a hand on the guy's shoulder.

"Beware." He whispered jokingly but seriously and walk away.

The guy turn around and showed him the middle finger. Tyler and him chuckled before turning back and continue doing what they were doing, flirting and walking towards the staircase.

"Wow, your brother must be really popular, huh?" I said.

"What do you expect? I'm Tyler." He bragged jokingly.

"Yup, just any other original Tyler O'Donnell." I said sarcastically.

Who am I kidding? I'm in Tyler O'Donnell's house! The Tyler O'Donnell! As we reach to the bottom of the stairs, a lady walk out of the kitchen and look at us. She was dressed in a dress and her hair was tied up into a neat bun. She looked at Tyler and then back to me and smiled.

"So, Tyler, you decided to change your style?" She said.

I look at Tyler and saw his red face. His eyes widen at his mother's joke.

"Mom!" Tyler shouted in embarrassment.

"Oh, honey." She smiled and walk towards us.

I extended her arm and she did the same.

"I'm Skylar, Mrs. O'Donnell." I said politely.

"Skylar. Oh! You're tutoring my son. Well, hope your brains doesn't explode. Call me Susan." She said while smiling.

I giggled at her joke and look at Tyler who's face was redder than a tomato.

"Okay mom. Now, Skylar needs to go home so, bye." He kissed his mother's cheek then start to walk towards the main door.

"Bye, Susan." I said and walk out of the house.

"Your mom's a nice person." I complimented.

"Yeah, she is." He agreed  sarcastically.

"Oh, come on! It's was just a joke, Tyler." I said while chuckling.

"Whatever." He mumbled and went in his car.

At home.

"Bye, Tyler." I said and exited the car.

A hand grabbed me, making me stop walking.

"Can I get your number? You know, if I need help with work." He says.

"Sure, hold on." I took out a piece of paper and a pen.

I wrote my number on it and gave it to Tyler. He looked at the paper and smiled. He look up at me, the smile still on his face.

"Thanks." He said.