Chapter 6

Over the next two months, Emelia had spent a lot more time laughing and talking with our housemates. Her and I had especially gotten close, considering that we shared a room together. We spent a lot of time chilling with Andrew or hanging out in our room. I, of course, never abandoned Andrew for Emelia, but it was nice to have another friend around. Josie and Jeffrey were cool, but they mostly kept to themselves when we weren't doing group activities.

Emelia had opened up a lot more and it seemed that we were really getting to be good friends. I felt really safe around her. It was different then I felt around Andrew, but it wasn't a bad thing. She was great and a lot of fun to be around. I caught her smiling and giggling with me a lot more than she had in the previous weeks. It seemed she was settling down.

It was another Wednesday which meant that we were going out again tonight. We had decided to go to the same club that we had gone to that first week that Emelia was with us.

It was almost time to leave and I was in my room getting ready with Emelia.

She was curling her hair in the bathroom while I was attempting to brush my teeth without getting in her way.

Once we were all ready to go and were piled into the car, I began driving towards the club.

I wouldn't be able to drink tonight since I was working tomorrow, but I still sat at the bar with the rest of the group while they ordered drinks.

I was talking to the bartender about something irrelevant when out of the side of my eye, I saw someone sit down next to me.

I turned and saw it was the man I danced with last time.

He started to chat with me, flirting a little bit.

I remembered to ask him his name and he told me it was Isaac. Interesting name. I'd probably remember that.

After we talked for a little while, I got bored and began looking around for my friends.

Everyone else had already slipped away to the dance floor while I was talking to Isaac. I saw Josie, Jeffrey and Andrew dancing together but I didn't see Emelia.

I eventually spotted her dancing with a pink haired girl in the corner of the dance floor. The girl had on some really shiny jewelry that hurt my eyes when it caught the light. I looked away from them as the jewelry caught the light again.

I'm glad that Emelia was meeting other people from outside of our unit.

My attention was brought back to Isaac when he offered to dance. I accepted and we made our way over to the dance floor together.

We danced for hours. He asked me a couple of times if he could get me a drink, but I declined since I had work the next day.

We were just enjoying the music and the energy in the club when something shiny caught my eye.

I turned towards the source. At first I couldn't see because the light was shining directly into my eye, but then the shiny object was shifted.

As it was revealed, Emeleia was in the corner of the club making out with the pink haired girl that she had been dancing with earlier.

I stared off in their direction, a little shocked. I had no idea what she was queer. At some points I had wished that she was, but I always just shrugged it off and figured she wasn't.

I felt a small pang in my chest, but Isaac quickly broke me out of my shocked trance.

"Are you alright, Kai?" he asked.

I stuttered a bit, "Uhh, yeah. I'm fine."

He looked at me concerned as my thoughts raced. I know I shouldn't care but at that moment it hit me that I was starting to have feelings for her. I'd never act on them because I'm really not into the whole love thing, but it hurt to see her with that girl regardless. I didn't want to see her with anyone else, but I also didn't want to be with her myself. This is why I don't get caught up in liking people. It's all so confusing.

"You know what?" I said as Isaac turned his attention to me. "I think I'll take you up on that drink offer."

As soon as I said it his lips cracked into a grin. "I'll be back," he said, walking off to the bar to order us some drinks.

I wasn't thinking anymore. I had work tomorrow, but I've struggled through a hangover or two in my life.

I scanned the crowd as I waited for Isaac to return with our drinks. I saw Andrew, Josie and Jeffrey talking to some people that I recognized from previous visits. I then began looking for Emelia and noticed her walking towards the bathroom led by the pink haired girl.

I tried not to think about what was happening as Isaac came back with my drink. I downed mine in one gulp.

I soon began to realize that my friends were probably not able to see me among the mess of bodies and likely had no idea where I was, but maybe it was better that way.

Isaac took my hips and we began dancing with some other people who were having a good time.

I just wanted to lose myself in the alcohol and the mess of bodies that surrounded me.

I could feel the heat of the crowd against my back; the sweat dripping down my forehead but it didn't matter. I was having fun.

A couple drinks later I was feeling dizzy. My vision was going in and out. The ceiling was spinning. Nothing really felt real.

Isaac asked me something that I couldn't exactly make out but the next thing I knew, we were walking out to his car and driving away.