Chapter 10

I figured it might just be easier if I didn't tell him. I didn't have much time to contemplate this because when I approached Andrew's sleeping body, his eyes fluttered open and he smiled.

In all honesty, he's too good for me. I feel like I'd hurt him without even trying and that would tear me apart. His smile was too precious for me to ruin, but Emelia, she could take it. She wasn't too sensitive but not too insensitive either. If I broke her heart, she'd probably be fine. I just couldn't do that to Andrew. He wouldn't recover. Besides, I just didn't feel the same about him. There was nothing I could do to change that.

My thoughts were interrupted when he spoke, "So, did you come here to talk to me or just stare at me?" He said jokingly.

I laughed nervously. I hadn't realized I was staring at him.

"I made eggs and bacon. Come out and get some before it gets cold," I said before walking out of his room.

I didn't know how I was going to pretend I didn't know how he felt about me. If I rejected him, it would probably ruin our friendship. Oh, god.

He was probably planning to tell me that he liked me last night. Maybe, that is why he kissed me the way he did. I had stopped him because I tried to hook up with him and he didn't want that.

I wondered if he would try to tell me again since I ruined his last attempt.

During the meal I tried my best to act normal and avoid eye contact, but I'm sure that he was onto me.

Towards the end of eating Andrew asked me if I had any plans for tonight. I nonchalantly told him that I was planning to "hang out" with Emelia tonight. I'm pretty sure he saw right through me though. He looked hurt, but he backed off.

I brought the conversation back by offering to hang out with him before Emelia got back from work. We discussed what we would do as we all pitched in to clean up.

Josie and Jeffrey went back into their room and left Andrew and I standing in the kitchen. We decided that we were going to play some video games. I wasn't really in the mood, but I decided that I'd least play a couple of rounds before I relaxed a bit and just watched Andrew play.

We walked over to the coach and I retrieved the controllers while Andrew looked for a game to play. He decided on Overwatch just as I had returned to the couch. He invited me to a lobby and we queued into a game. He was always a lot of fun to play with and this was genuinely something I enjoyed doing with him.

There was a lot of tension. Neither of us wanted to talk about what happened last night, and neither of us wanted to tell each other what we knew about him liking me. We mainly focused on the game and ignored everything else that we were both feeling.

After a bit I got tired, as I predicted I would have. I told Andrew I was going to stop playing and I got up to turn off my console. When I turned around to return, he put out his arms as an offer for me to cuddle him. I hesitatingly walked over to him and cuddled to his chest. He put one arm around me to reach the controller and kept the other at his side.

It wasn't unusual for us to cuddle, but it felt wrong now. I hadn't talked about this with Emelia, but I couldn't imagine she would like me to be doing anything that wasn't strictly friendly with Andrew. Especially, considering that I now knew that he liked me.

Eventually, we did get off the coach once he had gotten bored of playing. We both went our separate ways to our rooms. I wanted to read a bit, shower and then get ready for my date tonight. Obviously, I didn't tell Andrew that. I just told him I was tired and wanted to rest for a bit. He didn't question me and let me go off on my own.