Chapter 9

When I woke up Emelia was sitting on her bed fiddling with the same black plastic clip that I had seen her with weeks ago. The clip was too blurry to see since I had just woken up, but it didn't look like it was a functional clip. I wondered why she walked around with that everywhere she went.

My body still ached all over, but my ears were no longer ringing.

"Good morning, Emelia," I said through a tired voice.

She looked at me with a menacing look, but didn't respond.

"Oh, come on. Not this again," I said annoyed. She had no reason to be upset with me and I really did not want to deal with it again.

She looked at me once again and then walked into the bathroom, leaving the door open.

I took this as an invitation to attempt to talk to her once more.

"Emelia, what did I do? Is this because I went missing? I went home with a friend and I accidentally passed out and missed work duty. They brought me into the center because of it. That's why I was gone so long. Is that why you're mad?" I asked, trying to read her facial expressions through the mirror.

"No," she said as she went back to applying her makeup.

"Ugh," I groaned, clearly frustrated. "Then what's the problem?"

"Nothing," she said, placing her makeup back in the bag and putting it into the cabinet.

She tried to walk out of the bathroom but I stood in the doorway to block her.

"No. You're not doing this. What's the problem?" I said, studying her face for any kind of reaction.

She tried to walk past me again but soon realized that she wouldn't be able to get through without pushing me out of the way.

She glared at me but I didn't budge. What was her problem?

"Oh my god. It's really not a big deal. Can you move now?" she said annoyed.

"Nope," I responded shortly.

She looked back up at me and bit her inner cheek as she thought. I could tell she wanted to say something, but was unsure if it was a good idea.

"What is it?" I asked after a couple seconds of her staring at me, with a conflicted facial expression.

She stared off behind me for a second before speaking, "I saw you last night with Andrew."

I looked at her with a confused look. What was she talking about?

"The doors were locked. What did you see and why is it a big deal?" I responded, still very confused.

"I knew he liked you... He told me that he did while you were gone. I just didn't think you felt the same. I saw you two together last night. I saw the way he kissed you. I figured he finally got the courage to tell you how he felt." she said drifting her gaze away from me once again.

"I had no idea he liked me," I stated with surprise. "And I thought we locked the door."

"You did," she responded. "You just never put me in the system, so I can walk through any door I want regardless of whether or not it's locked."

"Oh god," I replied. "Okay wait. I don't feel the same about him. He never even mentioned this to me... I'm so confused. I was stressed and I just wanted a release from the stress, but he turned me down. It wasn't romantic, just sexual on my end," I trailed. "Why are you upset about it though?"

I looked down at her and I could see that she was hesitant to tell me the reason why.

"Because... The only reason he told me he liked you was because I told him I had feelings for you first. After that fight we had, we got really close and I enjoyed spending time with you. I asked Andrew for advice because I knew that he knows you best. He told me he liked you. Then, you came home and I saw you with Andrew. I thought he had finally said something. He's known you longer so I backed off. I ignored you because I couldn't talk to you without saying anything about it," she responded, looking me in the eyes nervously.

Is This The End?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara