Chapter 43

I, first off, just want to say thank you so much for 700.000+ reads!!! This is absolutely incredible!

When I first published this story, I expected a few hundred reads, if I were to be so lucky- but now, we're slowly but steadily approaching a million reads. A goddamn million. This is completely out of the world, and I love and appreciate every read, vote, and comment so much.

Anyway, let's get back to the story- we've jumped to Paigy's birthday, just FYI.

***

"Happy birthday, to you, happy birthday to you-"

My eyes shot open, squinting at the light.

"Happy birthday, my Love, happy birthday to... you,"

I kept squinting and blinking, finally being able to open my eyes to find Allen kneeling by my side of the bed, a dessert plate with a cupcake overflowing with frosting, a lit candle on top in his hands. I smiled.

"Happy birthday, Love,"

My heart swelled. "Thanks," I looked at the curtains, slivers of clear light shining through them.

"What time is it?"

He smiled. "12. Now come on- I've made you chocolate chip pancakes. Also... I have gifts," he smiled. I narrowed my eyes.

"I told you I didn't want anything. How could you buy me anything, if I didn't ask for anything?"

He shrugged. "I might've come up with a thing or two. Now come on, before breakfast gets cold, but first-" he held out the cupcake a little further. "-blow out the candle, and make your wish."

I rolled my eyes, taking a deep breath and blowing the stupid candle out. I wish... that dad gets his shit together.

I sighed. "Alright, time for eating-"

He put a finger up to stop me. "Wait, first, I have your first gifts for you-" he reached behind the nightstand, to the floor, and pulled up two wrapped gifts, as well as a shoebox. I sighed.

"What part of I don't want gifts don't you understand?" I couldn't help laughing just a little.

Allen smiled. "The 'don't' part,"

I shook my head, getting up to a sitting position. I started with the smaller of the gifts. It was soft. With a little shake of my head, I pulled at the string wrapped around the gift, Allen watching with a weird little smirk. Oh no.

I ripped the paper apart, my cheeks reddening as I did. Allen. I pulled out a white lace bra, with matching underpants. All flowers and lace, white as snow. I gave him a deadpan stare. "You kidding?"

He took a deep breath. "The lady at the store said that it was very comfortable, and also you'll look so fucking hot in it,"

I laughed and laid it aside, taking the other gift into my hand. I tore the paper apart, blue fabric coming into view. I lifted it up in front of me, finally being able to see what it was. A light blue, wrap-around summer dress. "Uuuh, I really like this!" I ran my fingers over the fabric.

Finally, I pulled the lid off the shoebox, a pair of heeled sandals coming into view. Two simple straps of black leather, with a one-inch heel. I sighed again. "I've got to admit, I really love this- thank you very much, Allen. Now get out so I can get dressed,"

Allen clicked his tongue, the cocky look that he'd had on his face more and more often lately showing up. "Come on, Love, ain't nothing I haven't seen before," he winked. I pushed him off the bed.