Chapter 5

Once the door had closed behind him, he rushed into a living room with a massive 10-person love centering a glass and metal coffee table, setting me down on said massive couch, carefully placing a pillow under my head. What the actual ...?

He skipped his eyes all over my body, his frown becoming deeper at the sight of blood and bruises through my torn up dress. My torn-up dress. I put up my arms to cover myself to the best of my abilities. A whimper left me when I moved my arm, it felt like someone was repeatedly kicking me in the ribs as I did it.

Panic filled Alpha Allens now returned-to-brown eyes. He reached out his arm towards my side, but his arm stilled as I tried to move away. He furrowed his brows.

"Mrs. Faire! Please come into the living room, now!" He yelled over his shoulder, falling down to his knees in front of me with a worried look. This is getting weird.

I heard the low clicking of heels before the lady I had met in the hallway stopped in the doorway leading into the living room. She looked from me to Alpha Allen, and then back at me, before rushing to Alpha Allen's side.

"She won't let me touch her side, I- I don't know how to handle human injuries, I don't know ..."

The maid cut him off. "Get her out to your car now, and put her in the backseat, I'll call the hospital in advance and inform them of your arrival- and the fact that it's a human doctor that you need. I think she might have a few broken ribs and probably a concussion too,"

He nodded and then turned to me. "I'll have to pick you up now, don't worry, I'll make sure to make it ... not painful..." He frowned before reaching out to me, one of his arms under my knees and the other around my shoulders, picking me up like I was light as a feather. I grimaced as his chest pushed against my ribs.

***

The second Alpha Allen entered the hospital with me in his arms, a group of doctors and nurses stood ready to check me, telling Alpha Allen to lay me down on the hospital bed. He walked alongside it as they drove it down the hall, his hand softly circling my wrist, worried eyes staring down at me. An odd feeling began stirring in my stomach. His softness was ... unexpected, or rather, a complete shock.

We entered a room that seemed more like a hotel suite than a hospital room. Thick, red curtains covered the old school windows. I'd been to this hospital before when I broke my leg at 7. A human nurse had told me it was a very old tuberculosis hospital and was only used by either the top elite of werewolves or the poor humans - the basement had been made into gloomy, small hospital rooms for the purpose- not very hygienic of course.

The sheets in the hospital bed weren't the usual ones either, the pillow was soft but still hard enough to offer support, and the blanket underneath me was a thick quilted thing, iht large golden, brown and red patches with different patterns. I ran my hand over it softly, I'd had one of these when I was little It was probably in the bottom of one of my drawers at home- my grandmother had sewn it for me before I was born, which she died before experiencing.

A young-looking woman, yet with greyish roots in her blonde hair, stepped forward, out of the group of doctors and nurses, a soft smile playing on her lips. She nodded at Alpha Allen and then turned her eyes to me.

"Hello, my name is doctor Larsson. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll have to ask you to turn around, to your good side obviously, miss..." a quiet growl sounded, and she looked up for a short second, before looking back at me. "Mrs. Allen," she finished, goosebumps running down my back.

"White, my last name is White," I whispered, my throat and head hurting as I spoke. The doctor corrected herself, and then pressed her lips together patiently. I carefully rolled over to my left side, whimpering as I rested on my arm.