Chapter 57

Disclaimer: This isn't edited at all because I'm exhausted. Also, I'm really sorry if you're one of the (possible?) people who skip the spice. It won't be much of a chapter for you, this time around. Sorry. (But not really)

Anyway: It's time, guys. Finally, it's time

So buckle up, and get ready to go cherry-picking. 

The smut section of this chapter is around 7 pages long. And over 3000 words. So enjoy.

And keep both hands on your device all the time during the reading, you filthy disgusting heathens. 

***

We didn't have sex that night either, unfortunetly. We went to the bedroom, had some very very satisfying fun, but we just kept using our hands and mouths on each other- Allen, of course, giving much more than he received. After we were done, Allen fell asleep fast. I couldn't. I stared up at the ceiling of our bedroom, trying to settle into the new space.

It was nice. Really nice. But all the time, as I was trying to enjoy it, a little whisper of why we were here turned up. Reminding me that there were people out to hurt us. Someone who was angry to do god knows what to us, and those... those we love.

My heart began palpitating. It would only take one rat in the human registries to find my parents. Not to mention that Allen's parents, having been the alpha and their mate, as well as Allen's siblings were public figures. You could figure out where they lived. My hands began shaking, and I reached over the bed.

"Allen? Allen wake up, please."

He began stirring, and then the bedside lamp on his side was turned on. "What? What's going on? Are you feeling sick?"

Tears were burning in my eyes. "Allen, we need to get our families here now. The guy, the guy who's after us, he could come after them too. Allen I can't be the reason that my family gets hurt- and oh my god I have family in his pack. My aunt, uncle and cousins. And my grandparents. Allen, please, I don't... I don't know what to do... I can't- I- I can't..." I gasped, trying to get air into my lungs. Allen pulled me to his side, cradling me close to his chest and softly petting along my hair while shushing me.

"Easy, love. Relax. Everything is alright."

"But... our families? He could hurt them, Allen. And it'd... it'd all be my fault."

He placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Of course not. Love, no matter how you twist and turn it, we're in this mess because I agreed to something without reading through the fine print. It's my fault. But you know what? There's nothing to fault me for. Because our families are going to be alright. I promise you that they'll be alright. I've made sure they're safe, taken care of. Please don't worry, and just get some sleep. I beg you. If not for your own sake, then for mine." He wiped the tears off my cheek with his thumb.

"But, our families?"

He sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Okay, Paige. What could I do right now that could possibly help you calm down and feel more at ease about the situation?"

I bit my lip. "Maybe some... security for my family? And yours too, of course, but, you know, your family are wolves and all. If anyone comes for my family, then they'll... they won't be able to..." I held onto Allen's hand and breathed deeply, keeping myself from beginning to sob and scream again.

"Done. I'll make the call first thing in the morning, alright? Now get some sleep, the past few days have been super stressful, and we've been traveling and driving so much. Sleep. I beg you."