Attack Part 2

Part 2 of the attack at the Jedi Temple. This will be after Ahsoka is released from the Medical Wing.

Ahsoka's POV

3 days later

After I had my surgery and the doctors finally released me, I was still on strict bed rest for 2 more weeks. If I followed my orders through to the end, then and only then, was I allowed back in the field.

Normally, I'm never good at following orders, but if I  wanted to go on missions when I healed, I had to be good at it this time. At least this gave me a chance to spend some private time with Anakin. 

"Ani, what happened in the explosion?" 

"From what the Temple guards told the Council was an attempted assassination on a Jedi. They didn't know who, though." He answered.

I've always thought it was me since I was the one who got hurt. 

"Could it have been me?" 

"I don't know, but I don't care right now." He laughed with his sexy laugh, which I fell in love with. He kissed me and I smiled when we pulled away. I never thought I could be this happy in the midst of a war. 

Soon, I heard my commlink beep. 

"Ugh, who could be paging me this early?" I groaned. I reached over to my nightstand and shut it off, but I got a glance at the name. It was a Council meeting called in the War Room. 

I rolled back over and kissed him once more before I needed to go see what they wanted.

"Sorry, I have to go." 

Anakin grabbed my arm before I could. 

"You're still on bed rest for another 2 weeks, what could the Council need you for?" He asked. 

"I don't know, but I better figure it out."

I got up and ready and left our room towards the War Room. When I walked in, I saw all the masters standing there with the hologram playing. 

"You summoned me, master?" I greeted politely. 

"Yes, Padawan. We have a mission for you and Master Plo to work on together." Master Windu told me. I was kind of shocked.

"With all due respect, Master Windu, I just had surgery after the explosion. I had metal shards removed from my stomach. The doctor told me I'm on strict bed rest for the next 2 weeks." 

"I understand that Padawan, but we need you specifically because of your agility talents. Master Plo is there to guide you..." 

I began to tune the rest of the debriefing out. I kept thinking about how Master Windu could ignore my doctor's orders. My thoughts were pushed to the side when I felt a ripping sensation in my stomach. I couldn't help the small yelp that escaped, and I clutched it.

"Lil' Soka, what's wrong?" Master Plo asked me. 

I couldn't answer without my words coming out as a squeak. I tried to pull my hand away from my stomach and it was covered in blood.

You'd think being a war and seeing blood every day would build up your tolerance, but I've passed out from seeing my own blood before.

Master Plo just barely grabbed me in time before my knees buckled and I passed out. 

Anakin's POV

 After Ahsoka left for her meeting, I decided to find Rex and see if he wanted to tune up my ship with me. He didn't have much to do either, so he agreed. We had been working for only 20 minutes when I got a call from Master Plo telling me to come to the Medical Wing. 

"Master Plo, what happened?"

"It's Lil' Soka. She's back in the hospital, just hurry up, please." He responded. 

I shut off my commlink and told Rex that I'd be back. I wiped the oil off my hands and ran to find Ahsoka. When I got there, Master Plo was waiting outside the room. 

"What happened? Is she okay?" My voice was rushed. 

He sighed and explained how a few of her stitches ruptured, she started to bleed, and then she passed out. I saw the doctor step out and take her gloves off. 

"Are you here to see someone?" She questioned.

"Yes, Ahsoka Tano. Did you fix her stitches?" 

"I did, but she lost some blood so she's a little weak, but she's fine. You can see her if you want." 

I nodded and she led us to where Ahsoka was. I opened the door and she was laying in the bed with a white bandage across her middle. I sat on the edge of her bed, but I had to resist the urge to kiss her since Master Plo was with me. I settled on just putting my hand on top of hers. 

She slept for a little more after we were there so I asked the nurse to let me know when she woke up. I motioned for Master Plo to talk outside. 

"Master, I know that Ahsoka didn't just get hurt. What happened?"

"Master Windu wanted her and I to go on a mission together. He claimed that he needed her agility skills, but I think it's him just being insensitive and ignoring the fact she needs to recover." He explained.

"I agree. She seems fine this time, but if he causes something like this again, I'm not going to hold back."

Later that day, I took Ahsoka back to our room, but I told the Council that Ahsoka can't go on any missions for the next 4 weeks so she can fully recover.

I mostly directed it toward Master Windu.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I wrote it through a time of writer's block, so forgive me if it's not my absolute best work. I have a few requests to put into this book so those will be next.