(Modified) Broken Bones Hurt Part 2

This is right after Ahsoka tells Padme about her and Anakin's marriage. Enjoy!

Ahsoka's POV

"You and Anakin are married?" Padme questioned. 

"Yes, we got married when I was 19 and Anakin was 23. It's been 2 years since then. That's why when I was called for this mission, I didn't want to leave because Anakin got hurt and I wanted to be there when he woke up." 

She sat there trying to process what I told her. 

"How has the Council not found out about you guys? Anakin used to always be worried about people seeing me and him together thinking we were dating." Padme questioned. 

"I don't know, but we've been doing this for a while so we've grown kind of use to hiding it." 

The rest of the night we were rather silent. It was pretty awkward for a while. How else would you tell your friend that you were married to another Jedi? Not tell her at all? Keep another secret on top of everything else?

1 week later

Don't get me wrong, I love having Padme as a friend, but just this once, I'm glad it was over. Once she was back to her apartment and settled in again, I flew back to the Temple to see Anakin.

When I got there, I ran through the halls, careful not to run into anybody else. However, I saw something I didnt expect.

Anakin's POV

I heard the familiar sound of the Medbay doors open and I saw my beautiful wife. Her face of happiness and relief was replaced with shock.

She must not have been told that they had to amputate my arm below my elbow. They replaced it with a metal hand, but I chose to keep it covered with a glove.

She slowly walked over to the bed and put her hand on top of my mechanical one. I grabbed hers and gently squeezed it. We always had a way of talking without saying anything.

"Anakin. I'm so sorry, I haven't been here because I had a mission and I couldn't say no." She rambled.

"Snips, it's okay. What was your mission?"

"I had to keep Senator Amidala safe while she attended a meeting on Alderaan." She still looked upset but I didnt understand why.

"Why do you seem so upset about that, Snips?"

"I told Padme about us." She whispered.

"Ahsoka."

"She promised me she wouldn't tell anyone. She's very trustworthy."

I decided not to push it any further. I pulled her onto the bed and told her to lay down for a while with me.

We always enjoy these little moments we get alone. We weren't rushing off to war, there were nobody else's lives to watch out for. It was just us and that's how it was going to stay.