Chapter 2

You were on a run in the middle of the day. It wasn't a thing that you did very often, but you for some reason felt like doing it today. You were listening to your favourite songs and were enjoying yourself. But you ended up in a neighbourhood that you didn't recognize. It looked abandoned. You were about to turn around, but you saw someone in the distance. Maybe they know another way out? You thought to yourself.

You got closer, this allowed you to get a better look at them. He was rather scrawny looking. He had jet-black hair, and his clothes looked old and too big. At first, you thought he was entering his house but on closer inspection, it appeared more sinister things were happening. In his hand was a sheet of paper and a pen, you wondered if it was the door code. But why would he need a pen?

A cop car pulled up, it appeared they thought he was suspicious too. You got a little closer to hear what they were saying. "Excuse me, we have been patrolling the area because of an increase in illegal trespassing. So please be careful." the officer paused for a second before speaking again. "That's Sangwoo's house." he seemed to be confused as to why the boy was there. It was then you remembered the name. It was the name of the boy that you showed around your department a couple of days ago. You had forgotten about him until now.

There was some muttering between the officers until one of them got out. He was handsome, and his hair was cropped short. He wore glasses and looked pretty physically fit. "I'm a relative. I have something to pick up from Sangwoo." The scrawny boy said nervously. It was obvious to you, he was lying. You could tell by his slight trembling. It appeared that the police officer didn't believe him either, but chose not to push further, "have a great day then." The officer said, tipping his hat.

"T-thanks," the Boy stuttered before looking back at the keypad. The officer didn't leave; he was still standing by the gate, observing the boy. The boy started to tremble more. It was extremely suspicious behaviour. You found yourself wanting to get closer, but you thought about how suspicious that would look. You were acting at the moment. Pretending to be an exhausted runner leaning against a wall to catch their breath. You were even panting to make it look believable. You did this to get a better look.

You were actually very good at acting. Ever since you were a child, you had been. You had no training or reason to be good at acting. You just were. It was a talent you were born with. You were also born with the talent to lie, but you guessed that paired with the acting because acting is lying after all.

The boy typed in the last digit of the code. "You have pressed the wrong combination five times." the android voice rang out from the keypad. It appeared you were right. He wasn't supposed to be there. The boy was now shaking and started to press on the keypad again. The officer that was behind the gate had started to go through it.

But then it happened, the door slid open, and the scrawny boy walked through. The cop looked like he couldn't believe it and stared in shock. "Bye then," the boy said before closing the door behind him. The officer stood there for a second before getting back into the car. The car then sped off. Despite seeing the boy get the code right and enter the house, you still felt that he was suspicious.

This is why you decided to do something that many would say was stupid. You stood outside of Sangwoo's house, waiting for him. You felt like it was your duty to notify him about what you had seen. You didn't owe him anything, nothing at all, but you knew you would feel bad if you didn't inform him.

It wasn't long before he came. "What are you doing here? He asked, there was anger in his voice. It scared you at first, but you had to tell him. "I saw someone suspicious enter your house, he said he was a relative," you said, looking away from him. "Well, that's funny. All my relatives are dead." He laughed slightly. It was then you looked back up at him. His eyes were mostly void of all emotion, but you could see a glint of something. Something evil. Something that struck fear into you. Madness.

"Thanks for telling me," he said, rubbing your head. He then headed into his house, shutting the door behind him. You walked as fast as you could away from his place. He scared you, but he also annoyed you. He rubbed your head like you were a dog or a child. It was like he looked down on you or thought you were incompetent, and you hated it.

One day you would do something about it. But that day wasn't today. For now, his actions would be pushed to the back of your mind once again. 

A/n: Thanks for reading 

Mel~