Chapter 10

It was the Afternoon when Sangwoo finally came down to visit you. You knew this because of the digital watch you had managed to smuggle in from your apartment. The time had read 5:30 pm when you heard Sangwoo's loud footsteps above you. There was no way you could let Sangwoo find the watch so you hid it the only place you could think he wouldn't immediately look, Inside the waistband of your drawstring shorts. The only thing you could hope was that Yoonbum didn't snitch on you for having it

The basement door opened letting In the blinding light of the upstairs. The light was a lot brighter than the one that came from your digital watch, but that didn't mean you preferred it. You were quite happy sitting in the basement.

Even though you hated Sangwoo a lot less than you did before it didn't mean you wanted to spend time with him. He confused you and made your head hurt. But you did have to admit he was better company than Yoonbum. Yoonbum wasn't much company at all, he was constantly moping or he was silent, probably planning how to get rid of you. It was very obvious that Yoonbum didn't like you, but you didn't particularly like him either. It didn't help that it was mainly his fault that you were in this predicament.

You avoided Sangwoo's gaze once you saw a peculiar smile on his face.  it wasn't an uncommon smile, his face quite often spread into a mischievous grin, And you hated it! No good could ever come from that smile. It was the smile he would probably give you before he stabbed you. Of course, you didn't know because you tried to stay away from that side of him. But his unpredictable mood swings  meant you were never 100% certain what side you were going to get.

Thinking about it, there were actually many reasons why you avoided Sangwoo's gaze. Another being because of the awkward scenario that happened between you two last night. Thinking about what happened made you feel like you were either going to throw up or blush like a tomato. It was likely to be the latter option so you decided not to think about it in his presence. as he might get the wrong idea and you definitely didn't want that.

Sangwoo crouched Infront of both you and Yoonbum, of course, your gaze still was on the floor. You were counting how many speckles you could see on the concrete. You would have stayed that way if it wasn't for the wave of fear that rushed over you. Sangwoo had started speaking and you were certain he would want you looking at him. You watched him grab Bum's face once for not looking at him when he was talking. Your face hurt just thinking about the time he grabbed your face. So your eyes quickly flicked up to Sangwoo who just so happened to be looking at you.

"I will be going out soon and won't be back for around an hour." Sangwoo declared you were unsure as to why he was telling you This. It wasn't like you could go anywhere anyway. You were stuck in the basement. Well, you would have been if it wasn't for Yoonbum's Whining.

"It's dark down here" "I'm cold" "we'll be good" and so on and so on. It seemed like it went on for hours whilst you and Sangwoo stayed quiet just listening. You had gotten used to his whining, probably more Sangwoo had since you spent most of the time with him. You had learnt to tune it out. You half expected Sangwoo to slap Yoonbum or scream at him, but he didn't. That could only mean one thing. He was planning something.

***

Whenever Sangwoo was planning something he would be nice. That is presumably why you and Yoonbum were sitting in the kitchen whilst Sangwoo was getting ready to go. Yoonbum sat at the table with a triumphant look on his face, he must have thought he had managed to persuade Sangwoo, but of course, you knew better.

You didn't sit at the table, you sat on the floor of the kitchen watching Sangwoo's every move. You were paranoid, very paranoid. You were half sure that Sangwoo was going to turn around with a knife in his hand and stab one of you, but he didn't.  Also you didn't want to deal with Yoonbum's smug mood, Sangwoo's constant one was already enough.

After Sangwoo was ready he came back into the kitchen and kissed you on the forehead "be good" he said. Yoonbum had lifted his head a little expecting a kiss as well, but to his surprise, he didn't get one. Sangwoo had just left without saying a word to Yoonbum. You could feel Yoonbum's eyes on you, and you pictured his scowl as you tried not to laugh. Although you were confused by Sangwoo's kiss you were glad Yoonbum was knocked
Down a peg.

AN: Once again, it's been a while, so I'm Sorry. i hope people enjoyed this chapter. thank you for reading.

If you want please follow my Instagram -hope_bagels11037

Mel~