chapter 4

Sangwoo had only been at your school for a little more than a week and he had completely changed your life. In your opinion, it wasn't for the better. Your friends had left you for his charming smile, and everyone forgot you existed. you had your boyfriend Ra Daewon. Daewon was usually kind. It wasn't like he wasn't acting kind, his mind seemed elsewhere. So you basically were alone.

***

It was a break at school and you were sitting with Daewon in silence, like usual. Well, that was until he finally spoke up. "y/n Sangwoo has invited me to a bar with him and some friends, do you want to come?" he asked. You didn't want to come, you didn't want to have to spend any time with Sangwoo that you didn't have to. You would rather spend time with your ex-boyfriend than him. Plus you had to go to work so you couldn't anyway.

"Sorry I can't, I'm working tonight," you said looking at the table that Sangwoo now sat at. It was your table. Or it used to be. You heard Daewon sigh beside you. You wanted to believe it was a sad sigh but it sounded to you like a sigh of relief. Was he switching sides too? You questioned yourself. There weren't sides per se as nobody knew of your hatred of Sangwoo. But it wasn't hard to see the obvious tension between you two. It wasn't like you didn't try to squash the tension, you did. But it's hard to squash tension with a person who ignores your existence.

***

You got to work about an hour ago. You worked in a bar/casino that was pretty local to you. Unfortunately, it was a special night tonight. On Special nights you had to dress up to attract customers. The costumes were always skimpy and sexy. Tonight it was a playboy kitten. It was a playboy bunny costume but the ears and tail were now one of a cat. The costume was quite cute but you didn't like the attention it got you. This bar was large so it was full of drunken men eyeing you and your coworkers.

Some customers were even bold enough to ask to grope or kiss your co-workers for a tip. Some of your Coworkers went along with it and got their tips while others would ask them to leave. However, the worst thing was when men groped you without asking. Your manager did nothing as he didn't want to "damage business". People spent their whole life savings at this casino. That is why the manager was so forgiving of customers sexually assaulting his workers under his watchful eye.

It was a typical night until they entered. It was Sangwoo and his friends, this also included your boyfriend. You ducked down behind the bar. There was no way you were going out there in front of them dressed in the costume you were currently wearing. Sangwoo must have known I work here just to wind me up, it can't just be a convenience. You thought to yourself.

You positioned yourself so you could still see their table but they couldn't see you. It was noisy, sure but you wanted to know what they were doing. A waitress in a kitten costume walked up to their table, and she stood next to Daewon. When she arrived there was a large smirk on his face. You wanted to believe he wasn't going to do what you thought he would but he did. The waitress bent down and kissed him on the lips. You couldn't quite hear what they were saying but you saw enough to change your viewpoint on him.

There was no way you were going to just pretend you didn't see anything. You were angry at Daewon but you were angrier at Sangwoo. You could have lived in happy incompetence if Sangwoo didn't bring your boyfriend to where you worked. But he did and now he had once again found another way to ruin your life.

Stepping out from your hiding place. You grabbed the announcement mike and started to walk over to them. The guys were all staring at you with wide eyes except for Daewon who was looking at them. "What?" he said, before looking behind him. His face paled and his mouth swung wide open.

"Can we have a round of applause for my boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend who just kissed another woman in front of his girlfriend" you said into the microphone clamping a hand on his shoulder. The bar went dead silent. The only thing that could be heard was Sangwoo chuckling slightly. You had had enough of him. He thought this was funny, ruining your life. You were going to put him in his place. You handed the microphone to your coworker and leaned over to his ear and whispered;

"How's Yoonbum?"

Sangwoo's eyes went wide and he stopped laughing. His reaction was enough evidence You needed to know what he was hiding. You had the upper hand. No longer could he make your life miserable without consequences. Before leaving you smiled evilly at him. You ignored the stuttering Daewon and the apologizing coworker and went into the back.

You decided that it was your cue to leave so you quickly got changed into the clothes you had in your bag and put the costume into it. You took a quick look out of the window and you weren't surprised to see that all of Sangwoo and his friends had left. Satisfied you left with a smile on your face. The smile, although real, was only a distraction from the hurt you felt. You couldn't believe what had happened, you almost didn't want to believe it.

Walking the streets at night is always a dangerous task. You never know what creeps could be lurking in dark alleys or behind corners. You had done this walk many times but It didn't ease the unnerving feeling you had. But you kept your head up distracting yourself with what you planned to do tomorrow. The first thing was to go to the police station and tell them about Yoonbum. The next was to-

Out of nowhere, you were pulled into an alleyway. You tried to scream but your mouth was covered by a large hand. At first, you thought it was a drunken perv. Until you heard their voice.

"Got you."

A/n: Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed.

Mel~