What If? (4) Final Chapter

Recap:

Its amazing how far we have come, and it wont end here. I wont let it. 

*Flashback*

“I love you,” I choked out the words as if they were drowning me. 

The room grew silent and awkward. Part of me wondered if I should just leave or hide under a rock. 

I didn’t look into his eyes because I was embarrassed enough to say that out loud. 

“I love you too,” He told me. 

*End of flashback*

I laid my head on his chest and looked up at Aubrey. 

“I’ll be fine. If Zack was in this situation, you’d do the same.” 

She stood there a second, probably thinking if she would, but then nodded and left. 

I’m not leaving until Jack himself tells me to leave. 

He’d do the same..

………………………………................................................................................................

I’ve been at Jack’s side the whole time.. Except an hour when Aubrey, literally dragged me away to make me shower and eat. 

Jack has been sleeping, if that’s what you want to call it, for three days now. 

“Come on, eat lunch with us Samantha,” Aubrey pulled me out of the chair and dragged me into their room they’re currently staying in for now. 

Zack had cooked a nice meal. He has been cooking and sitting at Jack’s side like me. 

I must say that I’m a bit surprised that Jack has a friend that is as good as Zack. 

Only Zack and Aubrey have been here, because I requested for everyone else to stay at the house. 

“You can change in the bathroom, then we can eat,” Aubrey shoved clothes into my hands, the ones Zack had brought me, and pushed me towards the bathrooms. 

I changed quickly and went back into the room, and sat down at the table while Zack sat potato soup in front of us. 

“This is incredible Zack,” I said honestly. 

I was halfway down when someone knocked on the door. 

A man, one who had carried Jack in who told me his name was Kyle, walked into the room and looked at me. 

“Jack is awake, he’s asking for you.” 

The spoon I had been holding, dropped into my bowl, then I took off running down the hall and into the doctor’s office.

Jack looked at me as soon as I came into the room, and smiled.