What if? (4)

Author's Note:

Miss me? I've posted so much that I'm getting finger cramps.

Anyway, some things happen in here that you might remember from HNS. (but vote anyway if you love me:)

enjoy!

-The velvet rose-

.............................................................................................................................

Recap:

I laughed. Yes, I laughed. If you would have seen these pancakes, you would see no resemblance to Mickey mouse.

They were still tasty though.

“I cant believe I’m doing this, but I’m sorry for trying to kill you” I apologized.

“Eh, I deserve it, I’m kind of a jerk” He shrugged.

“Yes.. To both” I smiled.

.............................................................................................................................

Its been two weeks since my shot, and I’ve been doing better actually. Jack seems to be purposely stupid to make me laugh, either that or he really is stupid.

Today I get my check up to see how the… baby is growing. I’ve honestly felt fine, I guess the effects haven’t happened yet, I’m not sure, I’ve never been pregnant with an alien baby before.. Or even pregnant.

Jack grabbed my hand and led me to the doctor’s office.

“If I have to have a needle poked in me, I’m going to scream” I warned.

“You’re going to be fine you tough girl you” He rolled his eyes.

I was strapped to the table because I moved too much, and the doctor used his advanced technology to scan my stomach.

This was different from a regular doctor’s office equipment, this was more advanced. Weird because they don’t have televisions or radios, but yet their doctor’s equipment is.. Wow.

I was nervous they were going to hurt me the whole time, because things kept touching my stomach.

Then he stopped and released me.

“Well.. I’m sorry, but the shot didn’t work” The doctor told Jack.

“So I’m not pregnant?” I asked.

“No..”

I bit my lip, trying to hide the relief that was washing through me.

“I’ll give her another one next week” The doctor said.

My relieved face dropped.

Jack helped me down off the table thing and then we went back to the room without a word.

It was getting dark outside according to the small window.

I’ve been here about a month now. Its surprising to me.

Jack sat on the couch like before and started to take a nap. I could tell he was upset, and I felt.. Sorry for him? Weird.

I didn’t want him to feel like this. But I obviously don’t want to have an alien baby!

I laid on the bed and fought with myself mentally, till my ignorant side gave in.

“Jack, would you like to lay here?” I asked and scooted over.

“If you don’t put a pillow over my face” He said with his eyes still closed.

“I promise”