chapter 8 : butterflies in my stomach

sanzu's pov

her lips were soft, her cheeks red, and her hair carried by the wind around us. she looks beautiful..

"s-should we start ordering our food?" she stuttered and immediately went to our table.

i still remember that day when i met her at the flower shop where she's working.

she captured my eyes because despite how many beautiful flowers that were surrounding her she caught my eyes.

my only intentions was to buy the land of the flower shop but i guess the plan changed after that.

turning off the lights from the ceiling, i sat beside her and would you look at that.

"she's fast asleep." i moved the strands of hair that was on her face.

how can you sleep peacefully? normal people would freak out and escape but you agreed to stay with me.

it's not like she really wanted to stay, it was because of the contract after all.

"rin.." i turned around to look at her but she's still sleeping. is she having a dream?

rin? is it rindou? does she still have feelings for him? but that was three years ago and no matter how much i want to know their past i won't meddle on it.

i want y/n to be the one who'll open up her past willingly. besides, she's with me now and that's all that matters.

"don't worry, i'm here." i held her hand and squeezed it.

"i don't care if i'm the only one who remembers it but i'm happy that i was able to meet you again." i kissed her forehead and then went to sleep with her in my arms.

y/n's pov

this morning was different, sanzu was beside me hugging me so tight! seriously this man! i sighed because no matter how many times i escaped i'll just fail.

i faced him, he looks so beautiful and that's unfair! his long eyelashes really makes him prettier, his blue eyes, but that caught my attention is his scars.

tracing his scars with my fingers, towards his jaw, collarbone, arms, and maybe abs..

i snapped out of myself and turned around. i feel like i committed a sin.

sanzu's arms were now lose so i took the chance to run away. i washed myself and started preparing breakfast.

"i just hope sanzu will like this." i sighed, i know how to cook but i don't know what he likes. maybe i'll try to get to know him more.

"good morning.." a pair of arms wrapped around my shoulder and it was sanzu.

"you're awake already?" i turned around and hugged him back.

sanzu might need to increase my salary since i'm so good at this!

"hmm-mm.." his voice sounded so lazy and it was obvious he didn't wash up yet.

"you're so gross! you hugged me but you haven't wash up!" sanzu started laughing and ran towards the bathroom because i was about to throw him a plate.

ever since we both started eating he had this grin plastered on his face.

"what's wrong with you? you keep on staring at me like i committed a sin." i took a sip from my coffee.

"how was it? touching me while i was sleeping?" sanzu was now leaning his face towards me.

"w-what?! why would i do that?" i shoved a spoonful of rice in my mouth. was he awake and just pretending that he's asleep?!

"if you wanted to touch me that badly i'll allow you. i mean, who wouldn't want to touch this body?" sanzu started showing his abs like an idiot.

"don't get too full of yourself! i was just curious!" i dropped my fork and he immediately went beside me to pick it up.

"curious? do you want to explore my whole body then?" he's playing with me and he's enjoying this! i couldn't say anything because i was surprised that he found out.

"just kidding!" he started pinching my cheek both sides while wiggling me from side to side.

"geez, you both look like a married couple." a man with a scar on his face was leaning at the door.

koko was there smirking, ran covering his mouth while laughing, and rindou staring.

"when did you get here?" sanzu asked, he was about to smack the man with a scar on his face but luckily he dodged it.

i'm glad i was wearing a night gown that was comfortable to wear. sanzu doesn't force me into wearing clothes that i'm not comfortable with.

"we came here to talk about our plan." ran said then he sat beside me.

rindou followed his brother and same as kakucho they were now beside or in front of me.

"i'll cook food for everyone." i was about to stand up but sanzu stopped me.

"you don't have to cook for them." i smiled at him, they're our visitors and it's normal to serve them food.

i just cooked the same food as sanzu had and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

"by the way, i'm kakucho hitto." so his name is kakucho huh? we both exchanged our introductions and talked for a bit.

"what's wrong rindou? don't you like the food that my woman made?" sanzu asked and everyone went quiet.

"it's delicious, i just prefer the food she used to make me." rindou looked at me. why is he lying? i don't remember cooking for him.

"oh, is that so?" sanzu nod and took a sip from his coffee. thanks to koko, the subject was changed since the atmosphere felt off.

"goodbye! take care and drive safely!" i waved goodbye to some of the members of bonten and closed the door.

sanzu was standing beside the huge windows, ever since rindou came his mood changed.

"sanzu, is there something wrong?" i rubbed my hands on his back, maybe this will comfort him?

"did you cookbfor rindou?" i tried to hide my laugh but i failed. did he get mad because of that?

"that's not true, i didn't know how to cook back then." it's true, i never cooked for rindou and why did he lie?

"i trust you and i hate that you cooked for them. i should be the only one who'll taste your food." i can't help but giggle at how cute sanzu is right now.

"they're our visitors, that's why i cooked for them but don't worry next time i won't." sanzu seems to be happy with my answer.

"you should cook for me again tonight." he pulled my waist towards his body.

"what food would you like?" our foreheads were leaning close to on another.

"cook me your specialty then." sanzu smiled at me, it was a sincere one and i just can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach.