chapter 22 : all i could ever ask for

birds were flying at the sky synching with the waves as i admired the beautiful beach in front of me. days passed by after escaping from that incident. sanzu and i decided to move in his mansion. the exact mansion where we ended our contract.

growing up i never really understood what i feel and that was the situation that happened with sanzu. back then i always asked myself wether i was running for his money or i was already in love with him. i hid the fact that i lost the game because i was afraid of losing sanzu.

it's hard to know if what you're feeling is love, satisfaction, or greed. do i love sanzu? am i after his wealth? do i just like the attention he's giving me? or am i that desperate for love that's why i signed the contract? all of these questions were answered when he opened up to me. yes, i'm in love with him.

"y/n? are you there?" i came back to my thoughts when i saw rindou's hands waving in front of me.

"rindou? why are you here?" i turned around to see sanzu looking at us from our bedroom window. he gave me a smile and a nod, is he fine with me talking to rindou?

"i wanted to congratulate you for your engagement with sanzu." rindou smiled, his hair was in a half ponytail.

"i'd be lying if i said i don't regret losing you but that's all in the past. i tried many times to get you back but whenever i look at you and sanzu. it was evident in your eyes that you both were in love but scared at the same time. i was the one who pushed sanzu to be true to his feelings even if i get hurt. i planned to be greedy and take you away from him but taking you away means losing your smile that i was protecting."

"i'm happy for you and sanzu, you finally got the love your deserve." the wind was blowing towards rindou's face as the tears were swept away from eyes.

"y/n, i love you and i wish you all the best. i wanted to say a lot of things but seeing you in front of me made me speechless." he wiped his tears away and hid his face from me.

"most importantly, i wanted to ask for your forgiveness. please forgive me, from this day on and forward i'll set you free."

my eyes felt hot as i hugged rindou, he's not just someone i loved but he was also a dear friend. a best friend, someone who's always there through everything, and he stayed beside me despite being a broken glass.

i was afraid of trusting ran and rindou but they became such important people in my life as it continues.

"what are you saying rin? you did nothing wrong and if you still want my forgiveness then you're forgiven. thank you, i owe you a lot and i'm glad to see you happy for me." my shoulders were getting wet from rindou's tears, his shoulders moving, and i can feel him shaking while hugging me.

"rin, you're a good man and i'm sure you'll be able to find a woman that will love you more than anyone. someone who'll accept you just the way you are without any judgement. you're a wonderful person trust me, because i've seen you and i know you. continue to be the man that we all know you can be and stay the way you are." rindou looked at me with red eyes from crying as we hugged one last time.

"i'm getting jealous." we both turned around and saw sanzu walking towards us.

"stop being childish!" i threw some sand at him as we ran away.

"sanzu, take care of her and i wish you happiness forever." both smiled and started running at the beach like kids throwing water at each other.

"you both look like a couple!" i shouted, enough for them to hear me.

sanzu then carried rindou bridal style and spin him around. both of them are embarrassing but you can see how strong their bond is not just members of bonten but as brothers in heart.

sanzu went to the deeper part of the beach and threw rindou away as he ran towards me carrying me on his shoulder.

"haruchiyo! put me down or i'll kill you!" sanzu stopped on his tracks and looked at me.

"what did you say?" he asked, is he surprised?

"haruchiyo.. haru" i avoided his gaze as my cheeks flushed red. i've been wanting to call him haruchiyo or haru for the longest time.

i heard sanzu's laugh as he continued to run, we both clashed with the waves laughing and messing around.

bonten members started arriving, i also met the other members days ago. everyone in the group are looking at me and sanzu while laughing.

"i wish i have someone to love too!" ran shouted as he teased us. he's getting old but still single!

"i want someone to spoil my money with!" koko followed as he did a high five with ran.

"it's not my problem if you don't have a lover!" sanzu showed them his middle finger and everyone started running towards him.

sitting on the sand as i laughed seeing my husband getting drowned by his members is a wonderful sight. all of them played in the water while mikey was beside me.

"congratulations, live a life you'll never regret." he smiled at me, i told him that i'll start living my life the way i wanted to and we both made a promise to do that.

everyone gathered at my side as kakucho positioned a tripod with a camera not from afar. are we taking a picture now? the countdown started from five as we all did our pose.

we were like kids despite being adults, getting happy over small things, running every night down the streets, and playing water at the beach.

it has been a year since that picture was taken as i pressed a kissed on it. i can't forget how happy i felt that day, how everyone enjoyed every second until midnight, and woke up the next day watching the sunrise all together.

memories and friends is all i need in this life and this is all i could ever ask for.

taking a deep breathe and calmed myself as i look at the love of my life waiting for me with a smile on his face.

"let us all rise and welcome the bride."