5.

chapter five | that way
social media + real life

tw // mentions of alcoholism & mention of death

no one had heard from eden in 10 days, except for brianna and the odd message to george

the only reason the boys knew she was alive was through brianna, as they had been messaging george throughout the past week and a half to get updates as promised.

brianna lightly knocked on edens door, the muffled noise of The 1975 playing through the brunettes phone notifying brianna that she was awake.

"hey e. i was thinking we could go down to our park, we havent been in a while" they said softly, sitting down on the edge of the girls bed.

"i just thought maybe some fresh air after being in here for a while might be nice." brianna didnt want to push her, but she did think that leaving her bedroom might bring back the spring in edens step.

eden was huddled under the blankets, phone resting beside her pillow, and a few stray cups and bowls were strategically placed on her bedside table so they wouldnt fall.

she shuffled so her head popped out and her tired, puffy eyes met briannas.

brianna swore to herself that she had never seen edens eyes so dimly lit before. it broke them inside.

"uh yeah okay" eden managed to croak out before downing the rest of her water in one of the glasses.

"just gimme like an hour. please" she whispered as if she was scared her request would be declined.

"of course, theres no rush. take as much time as you need." brianna smiled down at her, eden attempting to do the same back.

brianna rubbed edens back briefly before grabbing the dishes and leaving the girl to her own once again.

eden groaned and turned off the music playing through her phone speakers. it had been on do not disturb for the past week, not wanting to deal with anyones pity or worry.

eden thought about dream.

was he still worried?

did he not care?