54.

chapter fifty four | that way
real life

chapter fifty four | that wayreal life

theres always days people dread, whether it be a speech in front of your school, or having an urgent meeting at work suddenly

theres always days people dread, whether it be a speech in front of your school, or having an urgent meeting at work suddenly. there will always be some type of dread.

for the brunette girl curled up in clays arms, that day was here, and she was willing to make the most of her time in her boyfriends embrace as she could. because she knew eventually she'd have to go back to her apartment, and even face her now ex-best friend and her ex boyfriend.

"its only for a few days e, it'll be okay." clay sighed, he knew how hard it would be for her to do this, but he was trying to make it easier for her, "and me, george and sapnap are one call away. you know that."

eden nodded, trying to convince herself to leave the house she'd grown considerably used to over the past week.

"i just don't want to see them." her voice was drowned out by clays chest. "i just want to get my shit and leave."

"i know baby, i know." he rubbed her back. "we still have a few hours before your flight so you can relax for a bit longer okay?"

even with all the back and forth, clay still went ahead and paid for her flight back to new york. she tried to convince him to let her drive, but he didn't want her to have to go through 2 days of tirelessly driving and then face two people she didn't want to see. so he paid for it, along with the moving truck shes hiring to bring her belongings back to his temporarily.

needless to say, eden was pretty reluctant to officially move into clays house, considering his family all lived here also, but he reassured her that it wasnt long before him and the other two males moved out anyways, and that she'd always have a place in florida. no matter the circumstances.

edens eyes fluttered shut after his words, enjoying the company while it lasted. over the past two weeks, this had become her new life; waking up wrapped in clays arms, making breakfast together and then either streaming or watching movies. that was their rituals, and she was hoping something would happen that prevented her new normal from breaking apart already.

"you better get packing," clay tapped her back before sitting up the two of them.

"can i leave stuff here?" she questioned, looking into her boyfriends eyes, "theres no point in lugging it back and forth."

"of course e." clay smiled, letting her stand up and headed to the bathroom to grab her belongings.

meanwhile, the green eyed male walked right over to his wardrobe, grabbing an old hoodie of his, specifically an old smile one, and swapped it out for the original one eden had stolen a few weeks ago. his eyes drifted to the pile of edens clothing on the floor, deciding to fold a few items and place them alongside the faded hoodie.

"what're you doing?" eden smiled, leaning on the doorframe while admiring the tall male in front of her.

"swapping my hoodies around, you needed a new one and helping you pack." clay shrugged, lying back on his bed, his back resting up against his headboard.

eden couldn't stop her smile widening, "stop."

clay raised his eyebrow, "stop what?"

"what happened to cocky dream? why are you being all lovey dovey on me?" eden laughed, shoving her hairbrush in her bag.

"am i not allowed to be nice to my girlfriend?"

"no you are i just-," eden paused, "im sorry." she hated how she always compared their relationship with her last. but she couldn't help it, she never understood what it was like to be with someone who cared this much, so even the littlest and bare minimum things like this meant so much to her.

"hey its okay, i know." clay stood up, walking over to eden with a soft smile, "you don't need to apologise." his arms snaked around her shoulders, letting her head fall into his chest.

"i need to get ready clay." eden protested, although they both knew she didn't want to leave this house, his bedroom, his arms.

"one more minute wont hurt." clay kissed her head, resting his on hers, making the most of their time together, even if they were only going to be away from each other for a few days.

" clay kissed her head, resting his on hers, making the most of their time together, even if they were only going to be away from each other for a few days

turns out, that one more minute did hurt, because eden and clay were running late. they had left with one hour until eden had to check in, and they were at a stand still in traffic.

the pair made the most of it though, talking about edens music, clays music, future videos, their future.

"where do you see yourself in, lets say 20 years?" clay asked, briefly looking over at eden before returning to face the traffic that was now slowly moving.

"20 years?" eden repeated, "hopefully settled down somewhere, maybe the countryside, i dont know." she laughed, "maybe like two kids, maybe. oh but definitely like 400 cats." she smiled.

"400 cats? and i thought i was the crazy one." clay joked, "the countryside sounds nice, away from everyone." he thought out loud.

"what about you then?"

"probably the same," clay answered, "the city sounds nice, but i have no idea what i'll be doing at 40."

all his mind could think of was him and eden owning their own house together, but he wouldn't dare say that out loud, they hadn't even been together for a month.

another filler sorry

y'all see that manatreed thing tho?? 👀 if thats actually dream im gonna cause a riot /j

51k reads?? you're all insane tysm <3

hope you enjoyed! :)