41.

chapter forty one | that way
social media + real life

chapter forty one | that waysocial media + real life

'run me in circles,like you always do

'run me in circles,
like you always do.
mess with me on purpose,
so I'll hang onto you.'

eden reread those four lines for what felt like the hundredth time. she'd woken up early for once, and filled with inspiration, yet once she wrote only a few words, all the motivation had washed away. she wasn't sure where she was going with this song, and the boy sleeping in the room across from her wasn't helping her focus much more.

with a sigh, eden called up brianna, she needed her best friend, even if it had only been two days. "hey bri."

"boy problems?" brianna immediately knew what was going on, they knew the boys were going over to their shared apartment, so they knew clay would be there.

"what? no." eden scoffed, "i just wanted to check in and ask how everything is."

"everythings going good e, los angeles is really nice." brianna waited for a reply, although it never came from the brunette. "now whats up with you and dream?"

"is this 21 questions bri?" eden sighed, "plus i only see him as a friend dumbass."

she knew there was no point in lying to one of the only people who could see right through her like glass, but if she kept trying to convince herself and everyone around her that her feelings towards the boy weren't real, it would eventually become true. right?

eden was met with a laugh through her phone, "well when you fall in love with him, i'll be the one to tell you i told you so."

"bri."

"eden." brianna smiled to herself, her best friend was interested in someone either than carter. something they've wanted for a long time now. "now go write some songs, relax."

"okay okay, go be a model or whatever." as much as they were blunt a lot of the time, eden still loved brianna with her whole heart.

two knocks rang through her bedroom as the two hung up, green eyes emerging in her doorway. "morning."

eden sat up, leaning against her headboard, "morning, sorry if i woke you up."

"its okay, i've been lying awake for hours anyways." clay laughed lightly, "im making breakfast if you want some."

eden stood up in protest, "clay you're the guest i should be making you breakfast."

the boy raised an eyebrow, "nice hoodie." he ignored her attempts.

eden peered down to her torso, silently cursing to herself for wearing the stupid smile hoodie to bed last night. "i-," eden attempted to continue her protest only to find an empty hallway, and noises coming from the kitchen.

the sound of edens feet hitting the wooden floor alerting clay of the girl behind him. "you really dont have to."

"i want to e." clay angled his head to smile at her briefly before returning back to the bacon in the pan that eden didn't even know they owned.

and as much as she appreciated him doing this for her, she felt bad for just sitting there staring at the view. "at least let me help."

"fine, come here." clay noticed eden make her way to his side, her hair still in a messy bun, presumably from her early writing session that he had the pleasure of listening to through the wall. he'd be lying to himself if he said that he nearly fell back asleep with her humming to an unknown song.

"what?" eden noticed his stare, almost analysing her face, and she immediately felt self conscious with his gaze burning into her face.

"nothing." clays head whipped back immediately at her words, mentally hitting himself for admiring her for that long.

"i wanna take you somewhere later on today." eden stated, an idea blooming in her head as they stood next to each other. "since you took me on a drive in florida, i thought i'd do the same while you're here."

"im excited." clay smiled, slyly moving closer to her, their arms ever so slightly brushing past each other as they cooked their food.

"i hope i dont let you down."

you could never.

clay nudged her, "i know it'll be good no matter what."

semi domestic cooking scene ✅

another double update perhaps?