28.

chapter twenty eight | that way
social media + real life

// mentions of self-hatred / facial dysmorphia at the end

it had been nearly 24 hours since eden had gone from under clays roof, and he had only just left his room

it had been nearly 24 hours since eden had gone from under clays roof, and he had only just left his room. he felt empty. he felt like shit for saying that, for not going and telling her to stay, and for her to overhear it and not from him, he felt worse.

he opened the door to edens room, george was moving upstairs today so his family can use the room george was previously in, so he had to tidy what eden left behind.

his eyes searched the room, it was left as tidy as she found it, not a single thing out of place. the pc was all cleaned up and turned off, floor was tidied and the bed was made. the only thing standing out to dream was one particularly fluffy object sat on the far end of the bed.

a stuffed dog.

dream slowly made his way towards them, picking up the dog with sad eyes, which he took with shaking hands.

he held the dog tight, afraid that if he let go he'd forget everything.

he thought if eden left everything would be okay, he wouldn't be so lost in thought about about carters words, about what everyone else was saying about them, about edens safety, but it only made it worse.

"i saw that yesterday but i thought i'd leave it for you." sapnaps voice came from behind him. "why did you just make her leave that?"

"because then she'd be safer with brianna." clay tried to reason.

"honestly dude, sure, you punched whats his face, but im sure eden can look after herself. shes not fucking five." sapnap was over this new persona clay had gotten.

"but i want to make sure shes okay."

"well you already fucked that up when you told her to leave early. pull yourself together." sapnap left clay standing alone, holding onto the stuffed toy without eden.