Chapter 2

The following day, the rumors had spread. There was indeed a teacher who was dating a student.

Chet, Atid and Gulf sat in the corner of the classroom in the morning as they waited for the school day to begin.

"See I told you." Chet bragged, feeling proud of being a reliable source.

"But do you know the girl though?" Atid asked.

"The person who saw them doesn't want to say who it is. He said he'll get in trouble if he says the names."

"How does good information go to those who doesn't know how to spread it." Chet dramatically fell back on his chair complaining and feeling truly wronged.

"Ok class, settle down let's do roll call." The homeroom teacher said entering the room.

Chet, feeling bold asked, "is it true that there's a teacher dating a student?"

"I don't know about that. I can see Chet is present. So is Atid and Gulf." The teacher went on with roll call.

Chet brought his head closer, his hands grabbing Atid and Gulf's heads,

"I'm going to get to the root of this. I'm going to investigate and find out who these people are.

"Chet, one last whisper and you'll be cleaning the bathrooms after classes." The teacher threatened and Chet sat back in his seat quietly. The teacher kept on talking but Chet couldn't for the life of him sit still.

He pinched Atid and the poor boy jumped.

"Boys bathroom after school. I will be supervising. The three of you."

Gulf looked at the teacher shocked. "I didn't even do anything."

"You will soon." The teacher promised.

Gulf turned around and hit Chet hard enough he yelped.

The teacher who was leaving paused and said proudly, "See, you just earned it now."

Gulf only gapped at Chet, "See what you did."

Chet looked away guiltily, "sorry"

Later after classes, the school was almost empty. The three boys were waiting in front of the bathroom, an awkward deafening silence in their midst. The echoing of heels made them uneasy. They had done this a lot of times but every time it left chills watching their homeroom teacher approach them with the meaniest face she had.

"She's coming," Chet whispered aggressively pinching Gulf painfully.

"I know damnit." Gulf was not enjoying it.

"Ok, troublemakers, I won't let you do the girls bathrooms because we still have a few female students on the school grounds. But thoroughly clean this bathroom and the teachers male bathrooms upstairs. Do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am." They'd learned that bitching about punishment just made it worse. The last time they had to clean bathrooms in all floors. Lucky enough they were quite a few rascals involved so it wasn't as painful.

"How about I go upstairs and just clean the upstairs by myself and you guys do these ones here. Whoever finishes first saves the other?" Chet suggested.

"Perfect idea." Atid agreed.

Gulf and Atid  went to the janitors room and got some gloves and mops. Chet forgotten, Adit and Gulf started cleaning and not even 5 minutes in, Chet budged in, eyes wide open as if he was choking, his face pale as if he'd seen a ghost, his breathing sounding chocked.