Chapter 24

"The person who sent your parents pictures was him." Gulf said pointing at Chet.

"Why?" Mew asked dumfounded.

"Because he is my friend." Gulf sassily replied intending to cause more harm.

"Gulf," Chet reprimanded. "Can you not?"

"What? Is it not the truth?" Gulf was being a brat.

"Why did you do it?" Mew asked intimidatingly.

"I'm really sorry phi, I was really angry that Gulf left and you were the cause of it."

Mew scoffed and sighed, "But you didn't have to do that Nong. I lost so much because of your letter."

"I'm so sorry phi, I was young and naïve and I didn't know any better. I'm really sorry phi." Chet was sincere but Mew shook his head.

"Phi," Chet moved to approach Mew but he was met with resistance.

"I just need time," he said. Surely an apology was not going to erase the emotional damage done.

"Just so you know I've been regretting it every single day and I could take it back if i could."

Mew picked up the bags of food and placed them on the table. "Help yourself," he said and went to Gulf's bedroom to cool off.

It was hard.

He was having a hard time too and he was trying to be the bigger person but it was too much for him.

In the lounge area,

"What's going on Gulf?" Chet asked.

"Nothing." Gulf shrugged and sat down.

"Cut the bullshit. Why is he here?" Chet asked coming to sit in front of Gulf.

"He is my coworker." Gulf dismissed.

Chet was not having it. "Gulf drop the act right now. Why is this man in your life? The man that had an affair with your father. The man that ruined your life, what is he doing here?" Chet knew there was more to it.

Gulf opened his mouth but couldn't say anything.

"I hope it's not what I'm thinking,"

"Gulf?" Atid called too wanting answers.

"Did he meet your dad again?" Chet hesitantly asked.

Gulf nodded his with a victorious smirk on his face.

"Why?" Atid asked with a frown.

"I had to get back to them for ruining my life. I just couldn't sit still and smile when they took my mother away."

"It's been six years. You should grow up!" Chet was visibly upset. He stood up and went to stand against a wall.

Gulf felt offended. "Grow up? Regretting the decisions you made six years ago is growing up?"

"That has become a scar for me so don't say that."

"No I'm just trying to understand what you mean by grow up. Just because I'm trying to revenge the unjust death of my mother makes me a child?"

The atmosphere was becoming tense with each sentence said.

"It's been six years!!" Chet raised his voice.

"And I'm supposed to feel better because it's been 6 years? Try losing the person you love the most to a bunch of queers and wait six years then tell me again that I'm being childish."